GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS Advice"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/03/05 at 01:55
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Guys, I need some advice - despite being a "newbie", I'm more of a lurker (have been around for 900+ days, posting here and there, so please read this:

I'm out in the US for another week or so before returning home to the UK and have the opportunity to snap up a DS for $150 (about £75) with some cheap games. However, I'm not 100% keen on any of the games yet - is it worth getting the DS anyway in anticipation of Mario Kart and Zelda DS coming out (hopefully soon)? What games would you recommend? (I've always been a big mario fan and Wario Ware seems worth it - are they?)

I've just been reading about the WiFi plans for the DS, and the idea of being able to play Mario Kart online alone makes me want to get the DS this very second. Do any of you know if there may be problems using a US DS on any potential UK WiFi networks?

Also, as you can tell from my name, Zelda is my main staple requirement for videogame survival. I plan on getting The Minish Cap as it is (for only about £15) for use with my GBA - will I be able to play it on the DS (I presume so?)

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Mon 21/03/05 at 02:52
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Thanks for your help guys, I took the plunge and bought a spanking new DS, with Mario 64 and Zelda: The Minish Cap. Will get Warioware later this week.

First impressions? I love it! (don't worry I am 22yrs old, not 12). I was worried with all the talk about no analogue control on Mario 64, but to be honest I'm perfectly fine using the thumb strap thing to control the movements and find it almost as good as the original analogue stick (but nothing will ever beat the power of the N64 controller).

Right, time to go into hiding with Zelda... ;)
Sun 20/03/05 at 20:52
Regular
"be destroyed"
yes he is he hardly ever plays them
Sun 20/03/05 at 20:51
Regular
"Pwned"
I can imagine your brother being a causual gamer.
Sun 20/03/05 at 20:50
Regular
"be destroyed"
My brother thinks the ds suck along with all the other consoles that have been made but he think the psp is better than the ds. but also backs up nintendo sometimes
Sun 20/03/05 at 19:15
Regular
"Pwned"
Ridge Racer is the nearest.
Sun 20/03/05 at 19:14
Regular
"Underbean"
What other DS are coming out soon, except mario kart and zelda
Sun 20/03/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Pwned"
You'll just have to make do with the wireless link-up at the moment.
Sun 20/03/05 at 19:02
Regular
"Pwned"
Not set up yet, but Ninty said it will be soon.
Sun 20/03/05 at 19:02
"'oh I do say!'"
nope, i don't.
Sun 20/03/05 at 18:58
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Thanks guys, anyone any ideas about the WiFi aspect??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.