GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have a question for my friends!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/08/09 at 13:41
Regular
This is a Family Forum!

But what does that mean?
My family comprises of me, my teenage mother, and my seven drug and alcohol abusing siblings. Always swearing and always having sex and doing naughty things! It is the same with my siblings!
And so to me a family orientated forum relates to constant swearing and talking about drugs!
Is that what this forum is I don't understand

Thank you for your time
kind regards

ian
ian grigg spall
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:44
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> yes they can but was changing pete's username slightly really a
> serious enough affront to cause you to leave?
>
> we should all chill out tbf, talk about games

If my post was tl;dr, this is what I said
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:42
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> Can I say it was my post about the child abuse that happened to
> me that had gotten deleted. It was removed upon my request as
> several of your friends Grix decided it was funny to ridicule me.
> Hence why I dislike the fact you've all come back to cause
> trouble.

I noticed you said about it being you, but personally I can't remember it being so, but I'm sad that happened. I may be thinking of another occasion, and I'm almost certain there has been similar topics in the past

Just a note though, threatening to leave and trying to guilt other users here probably isn't going to do much but embarrass yourselves. I don't want anyone to leave, but it does seem a bit melodramatic

My only gripe at the moment was being banned for posting at the same time as someone else but it's not so bad, just confusing. What I'm wanting to discuss moreso at the moment is the idea of a balanced argument, which I think has less to do with controversial topics, and more to do with the usual regular users here having difficulties with people who disagree with them in some way or another, which does seem to lead to this rather dramatic pretending fainting that seems to be going on a bit (and I'm still confused over the actual real drama here)

Discussion forums are going to have arguments, and people joking, and taking the pee, etc etc, and if this forum does ever grow, then I guarantee you there'll be a whole lot more of it then a few people who've been on forums a lot longer can do. In discussion it won't always be "This is right" "No you're wrong, I'm right" "lol I guess we're all different" because people, as shown, take this all far far far too seriously, and those that don't can cause real tension to them

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's a fantastic thing and something that does drive me away from forums is when that's denied. But everyone is also entitled to make jokes, have fun, in the same way everyone is entitled to take themselves seriously and take offence. Personally I'd rather be on the joking side than the offended side, but that's me.

What I'm basically trying to say is along the lines of what we were discussing before other members got wind of people insulting Nash (who, ironically, hasn't been on this website at all as far as I know because he's busy moderating on another forum) - which was that people are different, have different taste, and we're all individuals. To treat something that is different, like this, as completely destructive, is just ridiculous. There is always something to gain and learn from something different and new, and if you continue to try and remain as closed and rule-abiding and as similar as you possibly can in these terms of user-templates and 'family', then as far as Darwin and I can see it, there'll be no real advances, and it'll just fizzle and die out.
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
yes they can but was changing pete's username slightly really a serious enough affront to cause you to leave?

we should all chill out tbf, talk about games
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Steel Protagonist wrote:
> Beadle makes a valid point

Watch your spelling lads...too many errors at the minute :-)
"Retarded List"
How exactly was it taken too far?

I'm genuinely curious
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:39
Regular
"How Ironic"
Jokes can be taken too far...
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:38
"Retarded List"
Beadle makes a valid point
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:37
"Retarded List"
"Making fun of the forum rules"

Actually all that's happened is that some discrepancies have been pointed out and questioned.

How that "wrecks" a forum is beyond me
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:37
Regular
but we posted in about 3 threads and we only turned up in the first place because for no reason you were abusive to one of our lads...

and how anyone could be offended by people spelling your forum username name slightly different for a joke is beyond me
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
like I say, its an incredible overreaction

Now there are twice as many people to complain about tube fairs, and no one's insulting you or anything, so why leave?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.