GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have a question for my friends!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/08/09 at 13:41
Regular
This is a Family Forum!

But what does that mean?
My family comprises of me, my teenage mother, and my seven drug and alcohol abusing siblings. Always swearing and always having sex and doing naughty things! It is the same with my siblings!
And so to me a family orientated forum relates to constant swearing and talking about drugs!
Is that what this forum is I don't understand

Thank you for your time
kind regards

ian
ian grigg spall
Sat 01/08/09 at 19:12
Regular
Like Beedle said
Sat 01/08/09 at 19:11
"Retarded List"
Like Beedle said, nobody made any mention of not being able to swear or throw insults around.

Apart from some light, inoffensive banter here and there, the majority of the posts were made regarding the absurd accusation that we were all the same user.
Sat 01/08/09 at 19:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
See I find that last bit mildly insulting
Sat 01/08/09 at 19:03
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> All
> this pointless banter about not being able to swear or post rude
> remarks to other people is ridiculous.

but this never ever happened .. are you just making things up?
Sat 01/08/09 at 19:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> hippyman wrote:
> Can I say it was my post about the child abuse that happened to
> me that had gotten deleted. It was removed upon my request as
> several of your friends Grix decided it was funny to ridicule
> me.
> Hence why I dislike the fact you've all come back to cause
> trouble.
>
> I noticed you said about it being you, but personally I can't
> remember it being so, but I'm sad that happened. I may be
> thinking of another occasion, and I'm almost certain there has
> been similar topics in the past

It's true, there have been a few. But generally it is the sudden influx of old regulars that can't manage to hold a decent conversation and just post pointless posts (that generally offend other users). I watched the south Park movie the other night and the whole Terrence and Phillip thing reminded me how the forums have become since this all started.

I don't hold a problem with you Grix, I never have. Out of everybody that has returned, I can see that you make the effort in your posts (and generally are acting as a bridge between the groups of users).

> Just a note though, threatening to leave and trying to guilt
> other users here probably isn't going to do much but embarrass
> yourselves. I don't want anyone to leave, but it does seem a bit
> melodramatic

I'm not trying to guilt trip anyone. If it appears to embarrass myself, then I'm not really fussed. I'm actually spending less time online and moving on with other aspects in my life. All this pointless banter about not being able to swear or post rude remarks to other people is ridiculous. If you aren't happy with the rules, then go find somewhere that you are.

I'll be back in the future, but when you all return to the other forum when trolling here becomes dull and constantly spamming each others posts with drivvle becomes a more entertaining aspect in your online-obsessed lives.

EDIT: In regard to the pete_21 name changing, I took offense to it. It was blatantly trying to aggrevate him. There is joking around between people you know, but as you've barely taken the time to get to know him, it over the top.

And although I am responding to Grix, the "you", "your" etc is not aimed at him, just at the people who are intentionally trolling.
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:54
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
> 'tbf', you're acting all behaved now the staff are on the thread.

this isn't primary school tbh. i'm pretty certain that isn't the reason.
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:49
"Retarded List"
gerrid wrote:
> Also I didn't actually see pete say he was annoyed when I called
> him pete_22 instead of pete_21. If he actually got annoyed by
> that then I feel a bit sorry for him

As far as I can remember he made no mention of it.
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't hate the way the forums are now tbh, I left because everyone else did and because half the words in the dictionary were banned. It's not like that anymore.

Also I didn't actually see pete say he was annoyed when I called him pete_22 instead of pete_21. If he actually got annoyed by that then I feel a bit sorry for him
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> 'tbf', you're acting all behaved now the staff are on the thread.
> The reason why you should've stopped calling pete names is
> because he wanted you to stop, but no, you consistently carried
> on. That's not right at all. And let me ask, if you all hate the
> way the forums are now, and you don't like the rules, why are you
> still here?

Well said SC.
Sat 01/08/09 at 18:44
Regular
"How Ironic"
'tbf', you're acting all behaved now the staff are on the thread. The reason why you should've stopped calling pete names is because he wanted you to stop, but no, you consistently carried on. That's not right at all. And let me ask, if you all hate the way the forums are now, and you don't like the rules, why are you still here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.