GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E3 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/05/05 at 13:19
Regular
Seriously, what are Nintendo doing this year? Haven't been following games much recently thanks to my lack of money, but really, what are Nintendo doing? All I can think of is: update on Zelda, talk about how revolutionary the Revolution will be and erm... a few new DS games?

Any solid information on what we can expect yet or not (Mario 128 perhaps)? Also, when is it?
Mon 02/05/05 at 19:12
"period drama"
It's not about what Ninty focus on, it's about what everyone else focuses on.
And that, quite obviously, is the new consoles.

They're extremely stupid if they don't realise that.
More fool Reggie.
Mon 02/05/05 at 19:40
Regular
No you're more stupid if you think Nintendo don't want to make a profit this year.

For christs sake Sony's can emphasis the PS3 because the PS2 will do well regardless but Sony's PS3 information won't be nearly as much as what we'll see from Microsoft.

Nintendo cannot afford to write the Gamecube off this year, they need their budget system to SELL. If Nintendo harp on about Revolution then the room for the new Zelda or Geist or what have you will be moved over. The DS, Zelda and Nintendonline need to take centre stage this year. Because these are products for this year.

Nintendo can hype up Revolution next E3, or they can showcase it at a Nintendo held event (perhaps a Spaceworld) and avoid dampening the hype behind 2005's big products.
Mon 02/05/05 at 19:57
Regular
Nintendo need Revolution at E3.

And it needs to be a good revolution. None of this rubbishy touch-screen for a controller nonsense.

Otherwise they'll probably fall over or something.
Mon 02/05/05 at 20:10
"period drama"
Straight back at you, Dringo.
If Ninty want to make money, they need to be seen to be in the next generation of consoles from the start. Or they will be written off before it's even begun.

That's a fact.

Ninty don't show Revolution at E3 with the others, they will be seen as a dissapointment.

There's three main companies at E3, and they aren't going to be given equal attention or journalism. That's not how it works. Ninty show the DS, Zelda and Nintendonline centre stage, people say "ooh yeah, what's new?" and they move on to the new consoles.

You can't see that?

Sure they need to big-up this year's stuff - but do the two options have to be mutually exclusive? If you haven't noticed, GC is already a budget consoles, and already no-one could give a crap about it.
I take it Ninty aren't just looking for profits this year but, I dunno (call me crazy) perhaps some extra money in the years after that?

Of course Ninty need to focus on this year's stuff - of course they do.
They don't want to overshadow their products? Of course they don't.

But here's the thing:

It's not their f*****g decision.

Sony and MS aren't going to take a break because Ninty want to concentrate on this year. Ninty step-up, or they lose out big-time.
Mon 02/05/05 at 20:28
Regular
Seen as a dissapointment by who? Impatient Nintendo fans?

For christ sake are you trying to say 6 months of hype is not enough? When Revolution is unveiled at next years E3 fully, just as Sony will with the PS3, the hype wheel will begin to turn quickly and the system will enjoy a good Christmas launch. A.K.A the Nintendo DS. Revolution has been banded about the industry for a few years now.

There is no need to show a console a year and a half before the thing is going to launch, especially if you have other products to sell.

Nintendo's bussiness men see this, IGN staff see this, I see this, NGC see's this... why the hell can't you?

The system will get the hype when it needs it, it doesn't need it now, the system isn't due out for ages. What's the bloody point?#

Sure for the hardcore gamers, the developers and the retailers we'll need some information, but you only need a bit.
Mon 02/05/05 at 20:30
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Nintendo cannot afford to write the Gamecube off this year, they need
> their budget system to SELL.

Like they've needed to sell since... oh, when it was released? What makes you think this year will be any different to any other in terms of popularity? The Cube is a lost cause, sure we'll get soem great games before it's all over, but do you seriously think it can do any more with the time it's got left on the market? The last thing Nintendo should be doign is focussing on the GameCube, they need to try and push their new system. Don't make it look stupid, don't push away third party support, try to appeal to a wider demographic and show some killers title. Who cares if they're just 15-20 second clips, they need to show that they're not just going to let this generation slip away liek the last.

By the way Reggie has been talking, they may actually avoid all the stupid mistakes they made first time around. Online is good, and if they can pull off the cheap, hassle-free service they have said to be waiting for, then they're certainly got a winner, oh, and a few killer franchises (*coughpokemoncough*) translated to a Nintendo Live certainly wouldn't damage their cause.

> If Nintendo harp on about Revolution then
> the room for the new Zelda or Geist or what have you will be moved
> over. The DS, Zelda and Nintendonline need to take centre stage this
> year. Because these are products for this year.

Zelda won't have a huge impact this E3. Last year it was amazing because no one expected. It will generate interest, but unless gameplay wise it does something completely new for the series (online 3D Four Swords included, or something similar) it will generate a lot of interest, but not half as much as last year. DS, yes, reveal a few new games, again, people have already heard about it. Nintendo online could be excelelnt. They need to focus on that and Revolution.

> Nintendo can hype up Revolution next E3, or they can showcase it at a
> Nintendo held event (perhaps a Spaceworld) and avoid dampening the
> hype behind 2005's big products.

So while Sony and Microsoft show off their new systems, Nintendo can wow the crowds with their Gamecube news? Nope, they need to really push the Revolution, show the concept behind it and show some games.
Mon 02/05/05 at 20:32
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Sony and MS aren't going to take a break because Ninty want to
> concentrate on this year. Ninty step-up, or they lose out big-time.

Oh my GOD YOU'RE AND IDIOT!

Microsoft can damage Nintendo because their console comes out this year. There is no hideing from that.

But there won't be any damage done against them by Sony for the simple reason the PS3 is not being released before Revolution.

Microsoft are showing their system this year and releasing the console for Christmas, why can't Nintendo?

I mean I'm sure Sony won't show much of the PS3 either. And if they do it'll be because the PS2 really doesn't have much to show this year.

I know the Gamecube is already a budget console but it still needs to sell some.

I'm personally looking forward to Zelda and Nintendo's online service this year at E3. Anything to do with Revolution is a bonus. A premature one at that.

Imagine how totally overshadowed Sony will be next year if they unveil the PS3 now. That'll be a kick in the teeth 6 months before it is due to launch.
Mon 02/05/05 at 20:35
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

> Like they've needed to sell since... oh, when it was released? What
> makes you think this year will be any different to any other in terms
> of popularity? The Cube is a lost cause, sure we'll get soem great
> games before it's all over, but do you seriously think it can do any
> more with the time it's got left on the market? The last thing
> Nintendo should be doign is focussing on the GameCube, they need to
> try and push their new system. Don't make it look stupid, don't push
> away third party support, try to appeal to a wider demographic and
> show some killers title. Who cares if they're just 15-20 second
> clips, they need to show that they're not just going to let this
> generation slip away liek the last.

A: The Gamecube is making Nintendo money.
B: Nintendo need to coax back gamers, doing nothing for a year is retarded.
C: Nintendo will show something, but that's only for the sake of confidence within the industry. Nothing needed for the consumer.

> By the way Reggie has been talking, they may actually avoid all the
> stupid mistakes they made first time around. Online is good, and if
> they can pull off the cheap, hassle-free service they have said to be
> waiting for, then they're certainly got a winner, oh, and a few killer
> franchises (*coughpokemoncough*) translated to a Nintendo Live
> certainly wouldn't damage their cause.

Very true, Revolution's online service is one of the things Nintendo plan to talk about.

> Zelda won't have a huge impact this E3. Last year it was amazing
> because no one expected. It will generate interest, but unless
> gameplay wise it does something completely new for the series (online
> 3D Four Swords included, or something similar) it will generate a lot
> of interest, but not half as much as last year. DS, yes, reveal a few
> new games, again, people have already heard about it. Nintendo online
> could be excelelnt. They need to focus on that and Revolution.

Nintendo fans will be interested.

> So while Sony and Microsoft show off their new systems, Nintendo can
> wow the crowds with their Gamecube news? Nope, they need to really
> push the Revolution, show the concept behind it and show some games.

Why though? Why not overshadow Sony next year? When it actually MATTERS!
Mon 02/05/05 at 20:37
Regular
"8==="
Caught between a rock (MS) and a hard place (Sony).

Should be interesting.

Apprently Ninty have Namco now though, through Bandai.
Mon 02/05/05 at 20:39
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> A: The Gamecube is making Nintendo money.
> B: Nintendo need to coax back gamers, doing nothing for a year is
> retarded.
> C: Nintendo will show something, but that's only for the sake of
> confidence within the industry. Nothing needed for the consumer.

Who said anything about doing nothing? By all means, show some nice Cube games to sink our teeth into, but focusing on the Cube over the Revolution would just be stupid. I know what me and 99% of other Nintendo fans are more interested to see at this years E3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.