GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E3 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/05/05 at 13:19
Regular
Seriously, what are Nintendo doing this year? Haven't been following games much recently thanks to my lack of money, but really, what are Nintendo doing? All I can think of is: update on Zelda, talk about how revolutionary the Revolution will be and erm... a few new DS games?

Any solid information on what we can expect yet or not (Mario 128 perhaps)? Also, when is it?
Mon 02/05/05 at 13:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It says Next-Gen and not DS, but if you want to kid yourselves :P

The GBA is supported yes, but the DS isn't and won't be until Microsoft stops the Gizmondo support. Tomorrow then :D
Mon 02/05/05 at 13:47
Regular
I figure it'd be in Microsoft's interests for the DS to do well, so as to stop Sony becoming too dominant in the market.
Your enemy's enemy and all that.

It's not like the Gimpmondo can stall the PSP's success.

Although you'd expect all hands at Rare to be doing something to benefit Microsoft. Then again, they're still a business, and there must be big money to be made from Portable Dark.
Mon 02/05/05 at 13:48
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> stuff

Beat me to it 8^P
Mon 02/05/05 at 14:43
"period drama"
Last year, Ninty totally ruled everything.
Looks like they may do the same again, but with a little more competition this time.
Mon 02/05/05 at 14:59
Regular
They're gonna have to do something really special if they want anyone to take any notice this year. Mario 128 and Zelda are exciting prospects but hardly gonna muffle the slack jawed gawkers spooning over PS3 and Xbox 2.

A use for the second screen on the DS other than stupid miny games would be a start.
Mon 02/05/05 at 15:08
"period drama"
I feel that if they show everyone Revolution to the same extent as the other 2 - so, proper, solid models and loads of videos. Playable demos, probably not, they're not so important. But then they'll be at the same level as the others.

And then ... what have the others got to show apart from the new consoles?
Not much.

Ninty's got tonnes to really catch everyone's attention. Namely Zelda, Mario 128. More immediate stuff like Killer 7, and all that inbetween.
Then the DS, which they bloody better kick off properly. Solid, proper games - Pokémon, Zelda, Mario platformer, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Mario Kart - and announcments (if not plans put into action) Wi-Fi shizzle which they NEED to get started before PSP is out over here - no doubt.

So ... it all hinges around their unveiling of the new consoles. If all goes well, it'll be:

"Yeah, all 3 big companies show off their new consoles! ... PLUS, Ninty pull all the stops out!"

Otherwise:

"Ninty fail to show Revolution - look, though, PS3! XB360!"
Mon 02/05/05 at 15:16
Regular
I fear it'll be a case of...

"Oh that's a nice video of Revolution tech demos....f*$Ł this I'm gonna go play GTA 54 on the PS3"

"But we have mario 128 on da Gamecube and Touchy Strokey Mario Fun Time on the DS"

"F%$* off old man, I want to beat up hookers and smash cars"
Mon 02/05/05 at 15:21
"period drama"
Perhaps ... although it think it'll be more a case of tech demos rather than actual games. Which are impressive, but tedious.

And bear in mind that hardly anyone's actually going to be able to play anything - it'll be us lot, downloaded the videos, who make up most of the 'audience' or whatever.

But still ... yeah ... playable stuff still carried a certain weight.
Actually, considering XBox360 is supposed to be realeased this year, it probably will have some playable games.

But I still stand by what I said. Ninty need to get Revolution out there to stand a chance of being noticed at E3, and stop playing the pathetic verly-secretive, 'ooh, they'll steal our ideas' rubbish they keep mumbling about.
Mon 02/05/05 at 18:32
Regular
Anyone who bothers reading the news will know Nintendo's emphasis this year is on their online service.
Mon 02/05/05 at 18:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I hope there are no next-gen playables.

I hope there are no playables whatsoever.

I'm fed up of smug media-types gloating on weblogs and shiz. I want to kill them all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.