GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't wanna spend £110 this year on WOW..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 04/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
...but it looks like I'm going to.

I hate you all.
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Goatboy wrote:
> You've got a long time patching up after install before you play.
> Use fileplanet, dont use blizzard uploader - it sucks.

It's downloading a 116mb file at 140kb/s at the moment, I can wait the 20 mins for it to download!
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:11
Regular
You'd think the new shelf stock would be already patched versions so people wouldn't have to download such a big file :\
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:13
Regular
I think it was a rush job to get them all out... hense the missing keys.

Speaking of which, Phil, have you got the key on a white strip inside the box? It's just quite a lot of them didn't have it.
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:16
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I think it was a rush job to get them all out... hense the missing
> keys.

Yeah good point

> Speaking of which, Phil, have you got the key on a white strip inside
> the box? It's just quite a lot of them didn't have it.

Should be under one of the discs.
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What realm should I join?
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:26
Regular
If you want PVP, go Dragonmaw for Alliance or Dunemaul for Horde.

If you want PVE, go Thunderhoof(?)
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
PVP, PVE?

Is everyone here on different realms? Where do I go? Otherwise I'll go off on my own...
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Most people are on Dragonmaw
Wed 04/05/05 at 13:33
Regular
PVP is player versus player all the time in contested/enemy areas. You can't be touched in friendly areas unless you start a fight.

There is also a threat of being camped by high level characters, but this is not a problem until you're in the lvl30 bracket. Ihaven't found it a problem and I'm level 27 at the moment. By the time you get to such a level, you'll be able to handle yourself anyway and will fully know the ropes etc.

PVE is similar, except you can't be touched in any zone unless you start a fight or enable PVP mode (by typing /pvp). A few guys here have moved to PVE as they were high levelled and were sufering from the camping problem.

You can have characters on more than one realm though. I have 3 on Dragonmaw, 3 on Dunemaul and 2 on Bloodhoof.

It's entirely your choice at the end of the day though.
Wed 04/05/05 at 16:03
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was on PvP Dragonmaw until the honour system patch, then I got bored with constantly being attacked all the time every place I went by huge gangs of lv?? just out farming honour points.

Moved to PvE/Normal Thunderhoof and it's superb fun again. You can't be attacked unless you want to be, hence lots of dancing and insults at lv?? instead of being butchered. Every. Single. Minute

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.