GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't wanna spend £110 this year on WOW..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 04/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
...but it looks like I'm going to.

I hate you all.
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's £8 per month.
And like everybody else, I've not played anything else in the weeks I've had it. Brothers in Arms sits unplayed, Chaos Theory etc etc.
I just haven't wanted to play anything else, they seem so linear and unfulfilling.
Halflife 2 the best title of recent years? Pfffft, it's awesome but at the end of the day everybody's had the same experience.
Whereas no two people have the same WoW experience.

After a couple hours questing, I spent an hour fishing peacefully in a harbour so I can create underwater breathing. Was nice and relaxing.
But that ended up with me against 20+ Alliance players as I fought heroically to defend my lands.
By twotting a Paladin with a fishing pole whilst yelling "I HIT YOU! I HIT YOU!" in Orcish until he got bored and sauntered off, leaving me crying and alone on a wharf.

So many moments that have made me laugh or sat slackjawed in wonder (seeing Ironforge for the 1st time, gryphon riding across The Searing Gorge). Incidents like being chased into the sea by angry giraffes who stood confused whilst a soggy troll blew raspberries - until he was attacked by turtles.

£8 per month.
Awesome.
Still, each to their own.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
STOP MAKING ME WANT IT!!!

I'm trying to ween myself off the urge
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Grrrrr, maybe if it's ~only~ £8 a month.

OK, I'll get it, if they have it.

If I decide however that I don't wanna play it for a month, can I cancel the payment and then resume at another time? I won't lose my character will I?
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
monkey_man wrote:
> STOP MAKING ME WANT IT!!!
>
> I'm trying to ween myself off the urge

I've just given in, join me. Joooooiiiiin me.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I don't know but the 1st month is free anyway.
But you will like it. Because nobody hasn't, even myself. I loathed beardy elfy pixie crap until I played this.
Mind you, I still can't read any fantasy books or buy one of those posters of a snake-eyed woman naked with a sword.

But the game is awesome.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:11
Regular
Your first Month is free anyway, so your card won't get debited until a Month after registering.

I don't know if you'll lose your character after cancelling. Probably, but don't hold me to that.

As I suggested before, those of you who want it but don't have it yet, try and get hold of a Friend's Guest Pass, giving you 10 days to try it out for free.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It all boils down to one sad fact - I haven't got the funds. At the moment.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:16
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It says on the official site that if you create a character then stop playing (and I guess end your contract with them) that they will "keep your characters for a minimum of 6 months from the day your account was closed".
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Excellent, I'll get it and cancel the subscription when important times such as exams come around.

I'm off to buy this game and waste my life away now, wish me luck.
Wed 04/05/05 at 10:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I should be studying now but instead I got my Engineering up to 205 and no I'm a Gnome Engineer Artisan.

Or something

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.