GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't wanna spend £110 this year on WOW..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 04/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
...but it looks like I'm going to.

I hate you all.
Wed 04/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
...but it looks like I'm going to.

I hate you all.
Wed 04/05/05 at 07:53
Regular
"Mozzy"
Any game where you have to pay to play online isn't worth it imo so i'd go with Counter Strike because it's popular and I assume it's pretty good.

Haven't played it though...so ignore me.
Wed 04/05/05 at 08:02
Regular
If you're going to think of it that way, then you may as well not bother.

Think of it this way though - a constantly updated, neverending, completely immersive, fun and addictive game, where you can do what you want, when you want and how you want, with or without whoever you want.

All that for not even half the cost of a new game each Month.

I thought that I'd still be buying a new game each Month, regardless, but the truth is, since WoW came into my gaming life, nothing else matters. It really is that good. All three of my consoles now gather dust - hell, even Chaos Theory, a game I was long waiting for with much anticipation, hasn't been played on Live yet. Only did the first few missions then went straight back to WoW as it was so bloody good.

Your choice though.
Wed 04/05/05 at 08:24
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Or you could go win a GAD? :)

And no, WoW isn't worthing spending £120 a year~ that, i can honestly say.
Wed 04/05/05 at 08:26
Regular
Well it can't satisfy everyone as you've just shown. (Evil Dark)

Perhaps you could blag a trial card off someone who recently bought it? (Phi11ip)
Wed 04/05/05 at 08:28
Regular
I've not bought a game since WoW.

Sold my Xbox and gave my 'cube to my brother. Haven't been bothered since.

£8 a month is absolutely nothing when compared to how much you play it.

Renting a DVD every week costs more than WoW and they don't entertain you for anywhere near as long as WoW does.
Wed 04/05/05 at 08:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Never been so immersed in all my life with gaming with WoW. It's the best title I've even played in 20+ years. The sub is worth every penny.
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The only thing that puts me off getting WoW is that it's the fourth in a series of games, which means there's going to be a fifth at some point, which means another £30 on top of the £100+ you've already spent bringing your character to life - and that's assuming they make Warcraft 5 compatible with WoW. They can't keep releasing expansion packs, can they?

That's a big unwanted expense to me at the moment, no amount of nerdlingers can change that.
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
To be fair, it is only £8 a month and I haven't played another game for weeks.
Wed 04/05/05 at 09:53
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It may seem like a lot if you put it together in one figure, but like Sheepy said, it is only £8 a month, which is probably the amount that some people spend on a couple of packets of smokes every day.

It works out pretty cheap for some people, I mean, in my household I play it, my older brother is playing it, my younger brother is playing it, heck, even my younger sister is into it, meaning we spend 8 quid a month for all those people to play one game and not be intersted in any other because it's so darn great (though it does mean I'm not able to go on there as much as I'd like because of all the spongers wanting to play my game :D).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.