GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How brilliant is Double Dash!!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:36
Regular
Rapidly becoming my favourite Gamecube game this. I know it has recieved a lot of stick, especially for the battle mode, but the single race experience is second to none.

I've been playing it with a bunch of my brother's mates for the past 2 hours and I'm getting a few mates over to play it in a moment.

Ah I love it so, a true Gamecube memory.
Sat 21/05/05 at 01:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I don't think the racing is better at all.

Powersliding was removed, the courses are extremely short and on the whole not as good, and controlling the karts has changed so much it just feels wrong.
Sat 21/05/05 at 01:32
Regular
They got rid of powersliding?!?!

glad i never got round to buying it! i know the powersliding was dumbed down for the n64 version compared to the SNES version...but to get rid of of it totally?
Sat 21/05/05 at 01:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, they didn't get rid of it completely. They just removed the jump function so that it felt really weird and crappy.
Sat 21/05/05 at 11:59
Regular
Powerslide is in it.

Mario Kart doesn't feel the same with just one character. The Dual characters add such a new dimension to the franchise... It's just so much fun. I always have a character that has a defensive special and one that has an offensive one. And I switch between them depending on position.

Love the game.
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:50
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
unfortunately, it's no mario kart 64 =(
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dringo wrote:
> Powerslide is in it.
>
> Mario Kart doesn't feel the same with just one character. The Dual
> characters add such a new dimension to the franchise... It's just so
> much fun. I always have a character that has a defensive special and
> one that has an offensive one. And I switch between them depending on
> position.
>
> Love the game.

Yes, powersliding is still there. But it's rubbish. Powersliding in previous versions is so much better it's unbelievable.

And no, Mario Kart doesn't feel the same with just one character in the karts. It feels so much better. Two characters was a good novelty idea, but considering the fact that Double Dash is easily the weakest of all the Mario Kart games, then it shows that it's not a feature that Nintendo should even be considering again. Yeah, it can be a laugh for some time, but being quite honest I'd much rather have one character per kart, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who was left very disappointed following Double Dash.
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
THe two per cart mechanism added verylittle to the gameplay. At all.
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:46
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Am I the only person here who thinks Double Dash was 'the dogs'?

I have played Mario Kart 64 once since I've had Double Dash and I prob won't play it again. It is so boring compared to DD!

It makes me laugh reading all of these because when MK64 was out everyone kept harping on about how bad it was compared to the SNES version!

Now, all of a sudden its the bees knees again!

Talk about fickle!
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
mattributé wrote:
> THe two per cart mechanism added verylittle to the gameplay. At all.

Co-Op play is infrequently a laugh if drunk.
Sat 21/05/05 at 15:14
Regular
Double Dash was alright... but...

too hyped...

and not as good as Mario Kart 64 anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.