GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God of War - king size mars bar"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'God of War'.
Fri 17/06/05 at 09:59
Regular
Having been dropped from conversation for quite some time, I thought it was about time this stuff was resurrected. Gamespot rated is highly and IGN put it down as one of the best PS2 games ever, scoring 9.8/10. It would have been nice if its release date had been kept distant from that of Devil May Cry 3 (and perhaps that's why its now been delayed until July), but if you're into that kind of game, then this could be a good year for you.

Anybody else got this game preordered? Along with Final Fantasy XII its a game I've been looking forward to for quite some time, despite the fact that I'm not usually a fan of the slash and manic `em up genre.

Thoughts?
Tue 21/06/05 at 05:57
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Oh, well then you might be a bit stuck mozzy.

It has been said to have more puzzles than dmc3 and pop 1 and 2 all put together.
It looks like a very promising game indeed, but I am looking forward to a game which I'll make a topic about..I'll just say it's being made by rockstar. :D
Mon 20/06/05 at 15:46
Regular
"Mozzy"
I like the sound of it...and it comes out just before my Birthday so I might get it. What I dont want is it to be too hard, of course I want a challenge but sometimes if im stuck on a game for too long i'll get fed up and not play it for ages.

I might rent this first, then if I like it and feel I could play it more i'll actually buy it.

I hope it's not got alot of puzzles in it like PoP because I always get stuck on them. :(
Mon 20/06/05 at 08:07
Regular
Mars bar comment - although the game seems focused on a different mythology, with Ares God of War, I always think of Mars as being the God of War, which was what made me write that.

Release date - depends where you look, but I know which release date I trust the most.

Length of game - sounded to me like it could hold its own against the Devil May Cry series, though they weren't amazingly long. I don't know what the replay value situation is, but if its a good game, there's often no harm in playing exactly the same game twice.
Sun 19/06/05 at 17:25
"period drama"
That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to last very long.
Sun 19/06/05 at 16:58
Regular
"hulagadoo"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I heard it was pretty short as well.
> But ... I'll still probably get it eventually.

Not according to OPS2, they were going on bout how big it is and how it needs to be stored on a dual layered dvd.
Sun 19/06/05 at 16:07
"period drama"
I heard it was pretty short as well.
But ... I'll still probably get it eventually.
Sat 18/06/05 at 18:36
Regular
"es argh"
The game's alright. A tad linear and repetitive but overall it's pretty good.
Sat 18/06/05 at 14:03
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
ssxpro wrote:
> It would have been nice if its release date had been kept
> distant from that of Devil May Cry 3 (and perhaps that's why its now
> been delayed until July), but if you're into that kind of game, then
> this could be a good year for you.

still scheduled for 24/6/05? it seems that way. this will be amazing.
Fri 17/06/05 at 15:52
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im sure thats not the actual name of the game (hey that rhymes :P).
Fri 17/06/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Clazon wrote:
> King size Mars bar?

*scratches head*

Strange name for a game, never heard of it either :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.