GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God of War - king size mars bar"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'God of War'.
Fri 17/06/05 at 09:59
Regular
Having been dropped from conversation for quite some time, I thought it was about time this stuff was resurrected. Gamespot rated is highly and IGN put it down as one of the best PS2 games ever, scoring 9.8/10. It would have been nice if its release date had been kept distant from that of Devil May Cry 3 (and perhaps that's why its now been delayed until July), but if you're into that kind of game, then this could be a good year for you.

Anybody else got this game preordered? Along with Final Fantasy XII its a game I've been looking forward to for quite some time, despite the fact that I'm not usually a fan of the slash and manic `em up genre.

Thoughts?
Mon 11/07/05 at 20:23
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Fígó wrote:
> Ordered this today, anyone else got it/played it yet?

I've got it, completed it, restarting on God mode now :D
Mon 11/07/05 at 19:15
Regular
Ordered this today, anyone else got it/played it yet?
Wed 06/07/05 at 23:36
Regular
JuicyMelons wrote:
> although i find
> the MGS series very interesting, this was on an all new level.

It was heavenly.

ah-ha a hohoho...

I'll leave now.
Tue 05/07/05 at 22:31
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I got the NTSC around a week back and i think it's an amazing game. I played it on 'normal' difficulty to start off with, and it took just under 11 hours to complete. However, this does exclude all the times i died to this one boss before switching my PS2 off :D Just started it on 'God' mode and it's bloody hard =[ So if you want a challanging game, then this is just for you.

The game is also packed with lots of extras, many videos showing how the game/characters/levels were made, which i found extremely interesting. The storyline is very gripping as well, although i find the MGS series very interesting, this was on an all new level.
Tue 05/07/05 at 11:04
Regular
Pop! Three days to go. Actually, for me its many more. In the process of moving house, so Ares will have to wait a few weeks until I can get to the right address.
Sun 26/06/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> My demo arrived today containing the level where you kill the hydra on
> the ships. Wasn't that impressed to be honest. Especially by the
> fact that the only time I died during the whole thing was when I fell
> off a narrow plank. It seems crazy in this day and age that despite
> 10,238,489 deadly skills available to a character they can still bite
> the dust doing something simple like trying to walk across a bit of
> wood from one side to the other.
>
> But then that's platformers for you.
>
> The combat system is excellent, but considering you can get through
> the level using just one skill and ignoring the other 10,238,488
> available it's just another button-masher. With annoying platformy
> bits.

well the first level in most games is normally pretty basic. this one seemed like a training level tbh, giving u a feel for the game. also im sure in the main version you get to choose a difficulty setting.
i think u would be stupid to only use one skill all the time though. its freeform gaming, u can play it how u want. make use of the 10,238,489 deadly skills instead of button bashing.
Sat 25/06/05 at 11:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
My demo arrived today containing the level where you kill the hydra on the ships. Wasn't that impressed to be honest. Especially by the fact that the only time I died during the whole thing was when I fell off a narrow plank. It seems crazy in this day and age that despite 10,238,489 deadly skills available to a character they can still bite the dust doing something simple like trying to walk across a bit of wood from one side to the other.

But then that's platformers for you.

The combat system is excellent, but considering you can get through the level using just one skill and ignoring the other 10,238,488 available it's just another button-masher. With annoying platformy bits.
Tue 21/06/05 at 19:57
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
played the demo of this today, and it is actually the shizzelllll nizzzzz (absolutely amazing). the combat is possibly the funnest system ive ever played in a 3rd person action game, and the graphics are absolutely quality, second best on PS2 imo, after mgs3. it was the first level of the game, and there are several sub bosses, which u need to take out with set pieces. one of them was just brilliant, timing button co-ordination, after each press kratos would do an amazing stunt. its rarely that i shout out loud "omfg" in a game, but that did the trick. the game is better than i ever could have expected it.
Tue 21/06/05 at 11:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I should have a demo coming through sometime next week so I'll have a play on it, but for now I'll just stick with my initial impression that it's basically Legacy of Kain with a graphical update, and I didn't really enjoy Legacy of Kain that much.
Tue 21/06/05 at 10:58
Regular
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> still scheduled for 24/6/05? it seems that way.

Special Reserve just caught on - now the release date is shown as 08/07 as it is almost everywhere else. A shame, it would have been nice if SR had been right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.