GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God of War - king size mars bar"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'God of War'.
Fri 17/06/05 at 09:59
Regular
Having been dropped from conversation for quite some time, I thought it was about time this stuff was resurrected. Gamespot rated is highly and IGN put it down as one of the best PS2 games ever, scoring 9.8/10. It would have been nice if its release date had been kept distant from that of Devil May Cry 3 (and perhaps that's why its now been delayed until July), but if you're into that kind of game, then this could be a good year for you.

Anybody else got this game preordered? Along with Final Fantasy XII its a game I've been looking forward to for quite some time, despite the fact that I'm not usually a fan of the slash and manic `em up genre.

Thoughts?
Tue 26/07/05 at 14:38
Regular
True, it was quite amusing! Considering it was a computer game, they'd clearly put a lot of time into the breasts, but I don't know how that compares to the games that do that as their main feature. Anybody played God of War and trash like playboy or bmx xxx?
Tue 26/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
ssxpro wrote:
> Things that have made me go "'Ere, that's not how you drive a
> tractor":
>
> - Threesomes with two topless ladies equppied with bemani humping.

That was the best bit..
Tue 26/07/05 at 10:20
Regular
Finally got the chance to put some time into this game and played for a few hours last night. Absolutely fantastic stuff! Its an awesome game, it really is. Just been bashing my way through Athens, ripping the heads off many Medusae (?) and taking on loads of Minotaurs with gigantic hammers. Excellent fun! A little ominous though is the huge figure on the horizon: Ares is just around the corner, though I doubt this'll be a final fight of any kind, way too early in the game to be bumping off gods.

Things that have so far made me go "Woah, strap me to a rocket and call me a Lion Heart, its off to the moon for me" are:

- increasing weapon length: upgrading weapons makes them bigger!
- Poseidon's rage: lightning attacks are excellent.
- Rage of the Gods: God powered superdom, or "star power" for Sonic fans.
- circle then triangle: nuff said. Actually, probably not. For those who haven't played it, circle grabs an enemy (if they are sufficiently small) and then triangle gets Kratos to rip them in two).
- bemani bits: pressing buttons bemani style for awesome attacks.
- music: truly epic and at times very atmospheric.
- voice acting: perfect lip sync and great character voices.

Things that have made me go "'Ere, that's not how you drive a tractor":

- Threesomes with two topless ladies equppied with bemani humping.
- Shoot my box again and I'll... have to run and get *another* one.

Other than that, all awesomeness and chocolaty goodness.
Mon 18/07/05 at 21:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
It's true. PoP : SoT was one of the best games I've played, and a huge factor in that was that it was a) Brittish and b) full of humour. PoP2 (from what I've seen so far) is lacking on both those fronts...

In the middle of the Challenge of Poseidon on God of War just now. Enjoyed the first bit, but it's basically Devil May Cry + PoP 2. Dark - check. Funny colored orbs, mainly red blue and green - check. Twin sabers - check.

Still a great game though, really enjoying it.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:16
"period drama"
Because the fighting is irritating and over-drawn, the Prince has turned into a mopey tedious teenager, the levels have none of the excitement or beauty of the first game, going instead for dark depressing indoor fogged-out holes, and the limited use of the sands of time makes the whole idea pointless, plus more annoyance with the horribly placed continue points which keep you at the same amount of health every time.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:00
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> PoP2 ruins everything, including itself.
> Bah, these comparisons have put me right off now.

Only played the demo of the first one, but bought the second, which I thought was a damn fine game.

Why do you think its so bad?
Sun 17/07/05 at 18:20
"period drama"
PoP2 ruins everything, including itself.
Bah, these comparisons have put me right off now.
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well, picked up God of War and Prince of Persia 2 for this weekends enjoyment.

Hope they don't ruin each other...
Sat 16/07/05 at 16:18
Regular
Got it yesterday and played through the first level. Very much plays like Prince of Persia in terms of combat and has similiar ideas - flicking switches, balancing beams ect. Heh, the first level is very similiar to that of POP 2's opening level.

Best feature so far is those button finishing combo's, where you have to press the correct button to finish off a foe. The one against that Sea Serpent was particularly awesome.
Tue 12/07/05 at 07:58
Regular
My copy is at my parents' house and will be there until I get home later this week. Looking forward to giving it a go though. I'm not convinced I'll be good enough for God mode though - I was never very good at Devil May Cry type games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.