GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hypothetical question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 12:52
Regular
I read somewhere recently (the Daily Mail, no less) that one of the reasons for assuming the "brace" position in an air crash is that it preserves the teeth better, allowing for a cheap form of identification if you crash and burn. This led to a long debate on the following question:

How do you know if the body you get back is the one you were meant to get?

A bit morbid perhaps, but the possibility exists after an event such as a plane crash, where the bodies will be in pieces and burnt, that you might not get back what you were expecting. The real question I suppose is "are there doctors that would knowingly give you back a body, where they weren't sure of the indentity to: a) give peace of mind to relatives, b) make it quick and easy for themselves?". A bit of a paranoid and cynical way to look at the world, but, in theory at least, it could happen - and it's not like doctor's take their oath and from then on do no wrong - Look at Harold shipman, one of Britain's most prolific serial killers.

The only positive way of identifying a body is either DNA, or dental records. So short of having your own medical lab, you have to take the doctor's word. Are you the sort of person that would question this? Is he Quincy, or a bit shifty, like Dr No? Would the doctor's word provide the peace of mind you need to be reassured that it's the body you want back? The only way I could think of this being disproved is if the victim had an artificial limb, or gold teeth, then had a cremation. But how many people look at the ashes after a cremation, or indeed at a body after a plane crash?

Sorry if this upsets anyone, but it's just hypothetical. The sad fact is that there are probably people in the medical profession that would do this sort of thing to save time and money.
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Hercules! wrote:
> It would help me understand this a little more if I knew what the
> 'brace position' was.
>
> But plane crashes are a big fear of mine, which is why I will probably
> never get on a plane.

I can fly some light aircraft and gliders, when you go up in a glider, it takes off faster than a Tornado fighter jet, and you haven't got an engine, if you mess it up your a bit $crewed...
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:46
Regular
"smile, it's free"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> People aren't scared of dying in an air crash, their scared of the
> last 3-60 seconds of complete helplessness

Speak for yourself man!
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:43
"slightlyshortertagl"
People aren't scared of dying in an air crash, their scared of the last 3-60 seconds of complete helplessness
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
There are some pretty good comments that have been made here...

Made me laugh...

*applauds people who made me laugh*
Fri 20/06/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
-------->
Fri 20/06/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh right I get it.

Yeah but the death is quick... its just a ride and then BAM... where's heaven?
Fri 20/06/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Hmmm....."
You call me stupid, I slap you.
Fri 20/06/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Erm what?
Fri 20/06/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Hmmm....."
*slap*
Fri 20/06/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dying in a plane crash is only as quick as the time it takes to get from a few miles up to the ground...I guess you'd have time to s**t in your pants more than once before then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.