GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hypothetical question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 12:52
Regular
I read somewhere recently (the Daily Mail, no less) that one of the reasons for assuming the "brace" position in an air crash is that it preserves the teeth better, allowing for a cheap form of identification if you crash and burn. This led to a long debate on the following question:

How do you know if the body you get back is the one you were meant to get?

A bit morbid perhaps, but the possibility exists after an event such as a plane crash, where the bodies will be in pieces and burnt, that you might not get back what you were expecting. The real question I suppose is "are there doctors that would knowingly give you back a body, where they weren't sure of the indentity to: a) give peace of mind to relatives, b) make it quick and easy for themselves?". A bit of a paranoid and cynical way to look at the world, but, in theory at least, it could happen - and it's not like doctor's take their oath and from then on do no wrong - Look at Harold shipman, one of Britain's most prolific serial killers.

The only positive way of identifying a body is either DNA, or dental records. So short of having your own medical lab, you have to take the doctor's word. Are you the sort of person that would question this? Is he Quincy, or a bit shifty, like Dr No? Would the doctor's word provide the peace of mind you need to be reassured that it's the body you want back? The only way I could think of this being disproved is if the victim had an artificial limb, or gold teeth, then had a cremation. But how many people look at the ashes after a cremation, or indeed at a body after a plane crash?

Sorry if this upsets anyone, but it's just hypothetical. The sad fact is that there are probably people in the medical profession that would do this sort of thing to save time and money.
Sat 21/06/03 at 00:13
Regular
"Mwahawahahahaha"
yer but then 2/3 people can surrvive the hindernburg but your more likely to die from a tree falling on you than being attacked by a crocodile in australlia
Fri 20/06/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
How would you know,
you ever been in one, i've seen plenty of cases where people survived, take the hindenburg for example, it was like a huge fireball, yet 2/3 of the passengers survived. You should just shut up now, you're the one fighting a lost cause.
Fri 20/06/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You're fighting a lose cause

If a plane is going into the ground like a dart I fail to see how anything is going to help anyone.
Fri 20/06/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
SHEEPY wrote:
> *As the plane plumites towards the ground*
>
> " Can I help you with your seatbelt "
>
> Yeah... that'll save them.

no, if they are stuck and can't get out, you could save their life by helping them, I wouldn't worry though as you don't have much common sense, you should move to the front of the plane, that way you'd be gone quicker, let everyone else die in peace or survive.
Fri 20/06/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
*As the plane plumites towards the ground*

" Can I help you with your seatbelt "

Yeah... that'll save them.
Fri 20/06/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Just use common sense. If you have it.
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Thinking about it, you've probably drinking turps or something, that would probably make the flames bigger, anyway, you can help other people who have trouble with their seat belts, or if you survive, and the plane isn't going to explode (the wings have detached and are well away from the aircraft) you could go and help other survivers.
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Please give us an example of being helpful in a plane crash.

" I'll pee on the flames "
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Helplessness is almost non existant in most situations. There is always something you can do to increase your chances of survival. Don't just sit there and cry, leaking out what you want to say before you die. 1)DO SOMETHING. 2)DON'T PANIC. 3) LOOK AROUND YOU AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP. You make yourself helpless, not the situation.
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
If I was to die in a crash... I'd prefer it on the way back from my holiday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.