GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Great Console War"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/01/01 at 20:13
Regular
The Playstation has there sequal to there console which has sold more than any other, Nintendo are going to show everyone how to do a good handheld as well as create more of the greatest games in the world while Microsoft prepares to beat all opposition in the gaming industry...

WHO WILL WIN

After the popularity of the playstation there is no reason why the public wont go for playstation again but are they fed up of seeing the same old games? Do Sony have the innovations to keep them afloat? So far so good although sales haven't been stunning but the orders are now all over the world starting to pick up and their sequals are all amazing.

Nintendo are back and after the late success of the 64 it looks as if their success could continue on the Gamecube. At the moment in Japan the Gameboy Colour is number 1 ahead of PS2 so the Gameboy advanced will surly smash sales records again. But can Nintendo keep inovating? Can they keep their slightly more adult image on the Gamecube? Yet just remmember the Gamecube is the only actual game console not a multimedia console .

The X box, Microsofts new wonder machine could flop like the Philips CDI or hit the top like the playstation im betting on the latter but... Can Microsoft sell cheap? Can they make games? Are they just creating a new PC? we will have to wait!

So Who will win what do you think?

Sun 11/02/01 at 09:10
Regular
If you want my opinion of what might happen after the great console war go to the future of gaming and go to the great peace treaty.
Sat 03/02/01 at 10:04
Regular
Welcome to no mans land
Sun 28/01/01 at 11:25
Regular
hallo
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:59
Regular
You have a good point vulture and i completley agree also have you noticed as well as ther constant release of "origonal" games they also call them "origonal" names isn't the playstation 2 one of the best names for a new console and Tekken 3, grand terismo 2, Final Fantasy 9, smackdown 2, MGS 2 and all nintendo make with a number after their names, is mario party 3, but i'm not trying to be anti playstation making a good game and slightly improving it every year has served them well (so far).
Sat 20/01/01 at 12:54
And about the cheapness factor. The GameCube is Nintendo. This means GameCube = Quality. When have Sony released an absoloute classic, like PD, GE, LOZ 1 & 2, and all the others, like DK. They have released about 3. The tired FF series. MG 1 & 2. No originality apparent whatsoever. All the others are lame.
Sat 20/01/01 at 12:51
Well done Dringo. Panasonic are making a DVD compatible GameCube, for £250, instead of the Nintendo just games, so all the lucky Nintendo fans can choose, rather than wasting money on a PS2, if you already have a DVD.
Fri 19/01/01 at 20:31
Regular
I hear people say things like this all the time "it's a washing machine with an ugly colour" when the gamecube comes out it will come in various colours such as the georgeous silver.

"It doesn't play DVD movies" isn't it ment to be a games machine i dont know about you but that is why i'm buying it.

"Doesn't the cheap price tell you something" yeah its brilliant and cheap.

"it's not backwards compatable" and why would a console want you to go back to old games unless the games avalible are crap.

"Nintendo are too childish" yeah the ever so sweet and nice Conkers Bad Fur Day looks like another lovly platformer and with Resident Evil 0 and 4 arriving early in the gc's life and with metroid a perfect dark also showing up with a shadow man sequal shows how childish Nintendo really are. Also not trying to be anti Playstation but the PS has Bob the builder, teletubbies and tweenies naming but a few yet i think childrens games such as Mario and Pokemon are cool.

Fri 19/01/01 at 20:08
Regular
meka_dragon wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
Dringo
> wrote

I didn't mean the super mario
> bros movie i was talking about a
> huge nintendo advertisement
> film which was about a boy getting
> sucked in to a game

Are
> you talking about that movie, The Wizard, starring Fred Savage,
> about 3 kids that run away from home to travel across America so
> that one of them can enter the World Nintendo Championships?

That
> game had them playing Super Mario Bros 3 at the end.

Don't
> remember a boy getting sucked into a game though....

sorry i knew it was something like that still an advertisement film. it did do well.
Fri 19/01/01 at 17:01
Regular
Average age of people who visit the IGN Gamecube website: 21 years old.

Fri 19/01/01 at 11:41
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dringo wrote :
"i didn't write that that was a reply to someone else who wrote that"

Didnt you?....oops, sorry man! :)

Dringo Wrote:
"My reasoning for saying that was to show nintendo are now ready to advitise for themselves maybe things are looking up"
Aye, I know what your saying... I'd just wait and see what happens before I got my hopes up...

Dringo wrote :
"I didn't mean the super mario bros movie i was talking about a huge nintendo advertisement film which was about a boy getting sucked in to a game"

Whats that?, what have I missed? Where, when, how... whats going on now?

Dringo wrote :
"ok ok We will have to see."

lol... okay man, cool :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.