GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Great Console War"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/01/01 at 20:13
Regular
The Playstation has there sequal to there console which has sold more than any other, Nintendo are going to show everyone how to do a good handheld as well as create more of the greatest games in the world while Microsoft prepares to beat all opposition in the gaming industry...

WHO WILL WIN

After the popularity of the playstation there is no reason why the public wont go for playstation again but are they fed up of seeing the same old games? Do Sony have the innovations to keep them afloat? So far so good although sales haven't been stunning but the orders are now all over the world starting to pick up and their sequals are all amazing.

Nintendo are back and after the late success of the 64 it looks as if their success could continue on the Gamecube. At the moment in Japan the Gameboy Colour is number 1 ahead of PS2 so the Gameboy advanced will surly smash sales records again. But can Nintendo keep inovating? Can they keep their slightly more adult image on the Gamecube? Yet just remmember the Gamecube is the only actual game console not a multimedia console .

The X box, Microsofts new wonder machine could flop like the Philips CDI or hit the top like the playstation im betting on the latter but... Can Microsoft sell cheap? Can they make games? Are they just creating a new PC? we will have to wait!

So Who will win what do you think?

Thu 11/01/01 at 20:13
Regular
The Playstation has there sequal to there console which has sold more than any other, Nintendo are going to show everyone how to do a good handheld as well as create more of the greatest games in the world while Microsoft prepares to beat all opposition in the gaming industry...

WHO WILL WIN

After the popularity of the playstation there is no reason why the public wont go for playstation again but are they fed up of seeing the same old games? Do Sony have the innovations to keep them afloat? So far so good although sales haven't been stunning but the orders are now all over the world starting to pick up and their sequals are all amazing.

Nintendo are back and after the late success of the 64 it looks as if their success could continue on the Gamecube. At the moment in Japan the Gameboy Colour is number 1 ahead of PS2 so the Gameboy advanced will surly smash sales records again. But can Nintendo keep inovating? Can they keep their slightly more adult image on the Gamecube? Yet just remmember the Gamecube is the only actual game console not a multimedia console .

The X box, Microsofts new wonder machine could flop like the Philips CDI or hit the top like the playstation im betting on the latter but... Can Microsoft sell cheap? Can they make games? Are they just creating a new PC? we will have to wait!

So Who will win what do you think?

Thu 11/01/01 at 20:43
Regular
Win what whats there to win im sick of people arguing over whos consoles best, the fact is that all the consoles are good in there own way.

Does it really matter whos consoles the best no one consoles the best, every console out there is good for certain kind of games

the playstation is best for racing and arcade games, its best for people who want cheap and quick games.
The N64 even though it looks like its on its last leg is good for younger kids with the Pokemon titles having said that its also excelent for adult games such as Perfect Dark and soon to be released conkers bad fur day, the dreamcast is a good console mainly for older gamers with games like shenmue and Quake 3. The Playstation 2 well even though Sony have completely messed up the launch will be another good all round console when sony finally sort it out.

What im trying to say is i wish people would stop arguing about which the best console is cause really there all good for there own thing. We should be happy that theres such a large range of consoles to choose from.

Anyway add ya comments
oh and by the way
NINTENDO FOREVER (only jokin)
Fri 12/01/01 at 20:38
Regular
Agreement.
(With Link).

All the consoles will perform with varying degrees of strength, and different good and bad points. Anyone wanting to argue about a 'winner' will boast the best points of their machine, and criticise other machines for their bad points. Non-conclusively. There won't ever be one definitive 'winner', and nobody will ever abandon their machine on the basis of arguments trying to claim there will be/is.
Sat 13/01/01 at 12:23
Regular
Yet again People don't understand where i'm coming from i'm not saying ones better than the other what im interested in is which one will come out on top with sales and popularity!
Sat 13/01/01 at 14:30
Regular
Blatantly the gamecube will trust me Nintendo arent gonna mess this console up like some say they did the N64 (which if u ask me was a bloody wicked console), the fact is that Sega really aint got no chance, the Dreamcast even though i think its the best console out at the moment really has got a maximum of 2 years life left, Sega dont seem to actually care about this I mean when was the last time you saw an advert for it on the TV, the Dreamcast get no publicity at all, Sega have basically given up on it, so really theres no chance for it.

Microsoft well okay so maybe they have shown that they can make good PC software but really can u imagine Bill Gates actually coming up with a console that is fun to play, I can't, okay so maybe Microsoft are gonna have the most powerful console on the market but whos games would you rather buy Nintendo (MARIO ETC ETC) or Bill Gates (Microsoft Flight simulator).

I think the only other serious competitor is Sony but judging by the launch of the Playstation 2 things really dont look that good for, what with everyone complaining that its too hard to program games for etc etc. You only have too look at the launch software (mainly sequels or crap games) to realise that Sony may just have messed themselves up. Then again i cant really judge the console yet give it about 6 months and we will know where Sony really stand.

Then you look at Nintendo, well the consoles gonna be more powerful than the playstation 2, you only have too look at some of the titles confirmed for the gamecube just to realise how good the gamecube is gonna be perfect dark 2,Mario 128, mario kart,wave race etc etc. It even sounds like one of Sonys major game producers Square may pledge aleigiance (GOD THAT WAS A BIG WORD) to nintendo and lets face it where would the playstation be without the final fantasy series.

Well anyway thats my view we will just have to wait till the launch of the gamecube and X Box to find out the outcome.
Sat 13/01/01 at 16:59
Regular
There's no such thing
Sat 13/01/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Thinking about it you can only judge a horse by the races it has raced. I think that both Sony's 'Playstation' Name and Nintendo's experience will win the both of them significant success in the next year.

I wouldn't worry about Microsoft, they will get along, if BG has to sell his house in the cliff he WILL make the X-Box a success. And plus with all the developers for the Playstation X/2 and more on his team what makes you think he will go wrong.

Okay so the conrol pad is a bit iffy but that won't stop Microsoft from doing well. I mean I guess that a lot of PC gamers will be going for the console and we all know what PC pads are like....bleedin' massive!

I don't think that there is a MAJOR downside to any of the Next-Gen consoles, some, yes, will be more popular than others but I think the companies know what they're doing.

It's funny, they know what is going on and probably what will happen under the circumstances but we, the impatient little game-a-holics can only wait.....and wait....and wait...............

The Game
Sun 14/01/01 at 15:36
Regular
I don't think PC owners will be attracted to the X-Box... I am a hardcore PC gamer, and I do not want a X-Box simply because I will probably be able to buy all X-Box games for my PC, and I have more control with a mouse, than a black brick.

Anyway, I'm not dissing the X-Box, it's just not for me. I expect it to be a good console, but I'm not going to buy it. I will buy a Gamecube.
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Microsoft clearly have the best spec console out... but thats didnt do Nintendo much good with the N64 vs Playstsion... and Aparently the big M sees its biggest problem as its image... It appears Link opion is that of a lot of people... Which is why theve signed up 200 odd software companys to make there games. Especially sad since Peter Moleneux has said hes not going to make any more PC games after B&W... However things like this are going to get console buying PC owners more interested in the system... Also there looking to get an massive number of games avalible on release!

I've gotta agree with Linkm Nintendo are going to screw up the NCube somehow... I bought an N64 so I could grab hold of Mario World, Maroi Kart, Golden Eye and the other Gems of the machine... But since these early releases, a couple of years ago I totally lost confidence in the box... Hopefully there new ditributors will be better... though they can hardley be worse than the last?

I'm sure PS2 will do well... look at the excellent advertising theve done so far... the limited quantities scam was a waork of genius... its worked so well, that XBox have put back their release date....

Although Sony & MS are big companys, theve thrown a lot into their new consoles, botth of them REALLY mean business, and neither can offred to lose.... its going tobe interesting to see what happens next...
Sun 14/01/01 at 19:30
Regular
I'm betting on Nintendo, the 64 is going from strength to strength (what a year with Perfect Dark and Zelda MM) and with Conkers Bad Fur Day and new pokemon games the gamecube is being set up nicely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.