GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's gone wrong with Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/11/00 at 19:16
Regular
Just beaten 4-1 in Champions League, following the 2-0 loss at Everton.

Promising start to the season is in danger of going belly up.
Fri 22/12/00 at 20:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The problem is they cannot work together!
Fri 22/12/00 at 18:17
I agree that Luzhny is a weak link. He plays regularly due to the number of games that Adams misses through injury. Why did we loan Upson to Forest ?, surely he would have been a better option alongside Keown. Upson needs to be playing top flight Premier League and Champions League football if he is to become a regular in our defence.

I don't think Luzhny even warrant's a place at right back. Lee Dixon, even at 38, would be my prefered choice.
Fri 22/12/00 at 17:34
Regular
The problem is we're playing Luzhny in CD!
Mon 11/12/00 at 20:01
The 5-0 win over Newcastle proves nothing. Newcastle are a very poor side and any team title aspirations should have no trouble taking three points of the geordies.

As an Arsenal fan I sincerely hope the Newcastle result heralds the start of a long unbeaten run. The problem with Arsenal at the moment is that they can beat Premiership teams at Highbury with minimum effort, but beating even ordinary teams away from home is proving difficult. Meanwhile ManUre continue to win games away from Old Trafford with considerable ease. OK so they drew 3-3 with Charlton on Saturday, but at least when they are below par they gain a point rather than drop all three.

I am hopeful that Arsenal will rediscover their away form and push United all the way, but they need to put together the sort of run that saw them clinch the title a few years back when they were about 12 points behind. At the moment it is hard to see Arsenal putting together unbeaten runs of six matches let alone 15-18 which is whats needed.

One positive thing is the return to form of Kanu in the last couple of matches.
Sun 10/12/00 at 20:36
Regular
Well, well well, looks what's happened now!
5-0 and all those who think Ray Parlour is crap (and i was one of them), he proved all of you wrong.
What a pass by Pires!
Wed 06/12/00 at 17:58
The 2-2 draw with Bayern was very unlucky, although Arsenal always seem to make life difficult for themselves in this competition.

I still think that Arsenal will qualify despite being bottom of the group after two matches played. I reckon 10 points will be enough for second spot. That means beating Lyon home and away plus Spartak at home. Arsenal should be upto that task. If they fail in one of those games then they will need to get a result in the final game away to Bayern (who will have probably qualified already by the time that game comes around).
Tue 05/12/00 at 15:16
"High polygon count"
At least November is out of the way, and we started December with a win - even if it was a late, narrow victory.

Now we have Bayern tonight, and we must win.

I agree about Vivas - he should be shot, as he always seems to cost us in one way or another.

The whole team is below par at the moment. The defence are very average, but my biggest fear is the lack of goals from the strikers.

Oh, and the FA are on a bloody witch-hunt as far as Vieira's concerned.
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:10
Kanu needs to score a spectacular goal and he will bounce back I'm sure. I am more concerned about Bergkamp, he is a poor immitation of the player of two or three years ago. Remember the hat-trick at leicester a few years back ?. I think he is deteriorating fast, whereas Kanu is still relatively young and will return to his best before long.

Anyone going up to Leeds on Sunday ?.
Fri 24/11/00 at 15:34
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I'm afraid I stand by my assessment of Kanu. Although his lackadaisical style can make for spectacualr highlights (how about beating the Deportivo La Corunia keeeper without even touching the ball last season!) it does call problems. I don't call him lazy because of the way he moves but because he never puts pressure on opponents and never, ever wins the 50/50s. He has been at best innefective recently whenever i've seen him play at home (or on televised games). If he doesn't buck up soon I think we might be better off cutting our losses. Kanu is a luxury player and we've seen (when we've been away at smaller clubs) how easy it is to subdue us with 'less stylish' players who work for the ball.
Thu 23/11/00 at 20:33
As an Arsenal fan I agree with the negative comments about Vivas. However, Kanu is a different matter. He is not lazy, although his style of movement is why people are quick to say he is lazy. Kanu is simply lacking confidence. As it turns out it - Pulling Kanu out of the olympics was the worst thing Arsenal could have done. The row which resulted and the threat of not playing for his country again has clearly affected him. If Arsenal are to move into top gear in the second half of the season then Kanu is crucial.

I love Arsene Wenger but I think he has made several poor team selections in recent weeks. Henry's dip in form is due to the fact he has played in every game bar one. There has been plenty of opportunities to rest him (Sparta at home and Donestk away) yet Wenger keeps playing him. I think Wiltord is understandly getting frustrated under these circumstances.

The next two weeks are crucial for Arsenal. We must be Leeds away on Sunday which is never easy, we must beat Southampton at home (a game Arsenal always make heavy weather of) and then we must beat B.Munich at home. Arsenal have now put themselves under pressure to win all three of these matches.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.