GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's gone wrong with Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/11/00 at 19:16
Regular
Just beaten 4-1 in Champions League, following the 2-0 loss at Everton.

Promising start to the season is in danger of going belly up.
Mon 08/01/01 at 11:27
Regular
For the record, the last message should have appeared as posted by Loki. My name seems to have changed back to Sandman. Don't know why.
Mon 08/01/01 at 11:25
Regular
There were stories on the internet a couple of weeks ago that Petit, who has not settled well at Barcelona, might be available for a return to the Premiership for a cut price £1 million!

It may not be true but Wenger was reported as commenting that he wouldn't be interested. Why the hell not? Few would argue that he hasn't left a hole in the Arsenal line-up and, although he had problems with his attitude, maybe a spell away showed him that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. He may have come to appreciate the loyalty of the supporters and the fact that Arsenal, to a large extent, brought him through to the success he enjoys today.

What do you think. Would you take Manu back?
Sun 07/01/01 at 21:32
Regular
Edu is a left footer like Petit, hope he can do better than him.
Fri 05/01/01 at 19:36
Loki,

I agree with you that there is a distinct lack of bottle in the Arsenal team at the moment. There were plenty of players on the pitch at Charlton who should have stepped forward to take the penalty ahead of Vivas. (Parlour and Vierra in particular).

Although I hate to say it, I think Arsenal have badly missed Petite this season. A whineger though he is you need players like him when you play away from home. Arsenal are solid at home where they did not often come under intense pressure. Away from home at places like Everton, Liverpool, Leeds and even Charlton - the defence needs protection - which was Petit's job in the team.

Another point - have you seen where Arsenal are in the FAIR PLAY league - bloody 3rd. It's embarrasing. Personally I would be happy to see a few bookings and sendings off in the coming months - as that we indicate the fighting spirit is back.
Fri 05/01/01 at 19:28
Loki,

Your wrong about Upson. He was coming along nicely before a bad injury at Filbert Street last season. He is a quality defender and it is about time Wenger should some faith in him and give a run. He is also English !!.

Once this transfer issue is resolved Arsenal should go on a spending spree and buy :

Edgar Davids
Titus Bramble
Matt Holland
Keiron Dyer
Plus any goalkeeper who can catch and hold a ball and is under the age of 35 !!.

The above would cost about £40-50million. Alot of money but remember the net spending since Arsene Wenger took over is little more than £3m. Arsenal should have plenty in the coffers.
Fri 05/01/01 at 14:12
Regular
Lucky arsenal! Edu's coming! No more Vivas!
Fri 05/01/01 at 11:35
I must say, the highlight of my festive season was stuffing the Gunners 4-0! Ho ho ho! Unfortunately, we then lost to Middlesborough. Bah humbug.
Fri 05/01/01 at 11:32
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Stepanov's has had an unfortunate start in many ways, with some important missed tackles, and misdirected clearances, and some callers on TalkSport slated him as out of his depth.

I think he's also showed some signs of quality, and have certainly got a bit more faith in his ability to come through it than I have for Luhzny and Upson.

On another note, we've recently experienced a striker crises with over £40 million worth of talent out of the reckoning. I'm a fan of Ljungberg but he's not a striker! Surely this would have been the time to recall young Graham Barrett from his spell on loan and give the promising Arsenal youth a chance to impress while our strongest front line was out of action.
Fri 05/01/01 at 11:25
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I think that last week's penalty incident in illutrative of Arsenal's problems at the moment. Why did no-one have the character to strep forward apart from the hapless Vivas (sorry to be given the opportunity to sl*g him off again). I know we have a problem with penalty takers but now its getting ridiculous.

This lack of character can also be seen in the way we surrendered a 2-0 lead to Sunderland at home. Even Wenger has now criticised the mental attitude of the team. About time. He's got some work to do.
Fri 22/12/00 at 21:22
Regular
Stephanovs, although unknown he's tall and strong and he can score from headers! Give him a chance against the pool so Oleg won't be embarrased.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.