GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC fans can't boost about the price now try and get a DVD player for £30 or £40 pounds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 10:54
Regular
Well Well Sony and MS drop the price of there already very affordable machines this can only be a bad thing for GC as no-one can buy a GC and seperate DVD player for £159 or £169.

As I have stated countless times before the GC is cheap because it is a cheap piece of technology.

Facts

GC Xbox PS2

1.5 gig format 4.5gig dvd 4.5gig dvd

Dvd playback none Yes needs controller Yes out of the box

10 million 90 million 20 million
polys per second polys per second polys per second

Dolby 5.1 none Dolby 5.1 yes Dolby 5.1 yes

Serial ports USB, Opitical, ethernet USB, firewire,Optical

480 x 640 1172 x 800 at least 1172 x 800 at least

These are a few examples and just go to show why the GC is cheaper than the other two console because it's old hat technology, the one bit of modern technology is not worth having the custom 1.5 discs (Resi Evil on two disc so yesterday) are a waste of time and only designed so that Nintendo can charge the publishers more for custom tooling.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:24
Regular
NaS†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:
> Try buying a console with super smash bros melee and super mario bros
> and resi evil 0.
>
> Im fed up with people going on about dvds being played on console, is
> this becuase the games on the consoles are so rubbish you have nothing
> better to do?*

Nintendo fanboys like you should wake up from the sleep the company has been in for the last ten years.

The other consoles are rubbish, why is it then that about 95% of all GC titles you can buy today exist on other formats and indeed come out on them first, what is quality about that?

I mean even the new Resi Evil 0 which I have been interested in seeing is the old Resi Evil 1 just revamped yawn, yawn. How many more revamped games can Nintendo fans claim to be quality games.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:42
Regular
But before most PS2 owners and Xbox owners was were going price doesnt matter and now its counts for a lot.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Techno freak wrote:
> >
> Im fed up with people going on about dvds being played on console,
> is this becuase the games on the consoles are so rubbish you have
> nothing
> better to do?*

The XBox and Ps2 mus**t have really sh*t games the amount of spew that you pos**t about the subject.

The GC may not have DVD, and you may have to have a game on two discs - but so what? It s**till cos**ts the same as a normal game.

Plus not one game on ANY sys**tem can s**tand up to Mario, Zelda, or any other in-house/second-party developed Nintendo title.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:48
Regular
Oh yay another console war topic by Techno idiot and what a suprise Dave RJR is in here as well.

Get a hobby guys..
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:51
Regular
Also GC discs are now designed with this new thing meaning that they are twice the size.

or somin.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:51
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Techno Freak wrote:

>I am a Dipstick

We all agree.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:53
Regular
Syphonical wrote:
> Dave RJR wrote:
> Leading on from that, people might
> like the idea of having 2 dvd players in their house. One
> downstairs,
> one upstairs - wow what a novel idea.
>
>
> What's so novel??
> I have a dvd player in my room, my sister has one and we have one
> downstairs!

It was a sarcastic statement, because it just cant get over how most GC owners just brush the fact that their console doesn't have dvd under the carpet. Comments like, who needs dvd anyway, buy a gamecube and separate dvd player, and most people don't care about the lack of dvd. This is all "head in the sand" stuff.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:54
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Dave RJR wrote:

>I am a Dipstick

We all agree.
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh for Gods sake!

I have a DVd player. So i don't need another one!

Simple!
Thu 29/08/02 at 11:57
Regular
let me just show you the image processing functions that GC can go, alo if you want new technology i hope you dont have a PS2 as its 2 years dated and graphics and stuff changes fast in computer gaming.

Fog,Subpixel anti-aniasing, 8 hardware lights, alpha blending, virtual texture design, multi-texturing, bump mapping, envoronment mapping, mip mapping, bilinear filtering, trilinear filtering, antisotropic filtering, real-time hardware texture decompression (S3TC), real-time decompression of display unit, HW 3-line deflickering filter.

Plus i heard that one of those cant be used on PS2 becuase it uses the lens diffrently and DVDs wont work with it, something like that.

Thats why Xbox has 2 Trays becuase then they can use it, i dont know i read it in a mag on laucnh day of the 2 new consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.