GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"email servers down"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/08/15 at 13:03
Regular
Anyone else fed up of waiting for their email to be fixed- why do Freeola not put out realistic status? Last was 3 hours ago saying will be fixed in 1-2 hours.
Wed 26/08/15 at 20:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Optimus wrote:
I'm afraid my tongue was firmly in my cheek as I wrote the post !

TBH I've been here with first Special Reserve and then Freeola for many years. I've been active on the Forum for many years and I feel that I know these 'guys' personally!

Some 'staffies' have gone but others have replaced them and these have always been just as dedicated to providing a 'first-class' service.

Join the Forum on a more informal basis and you might find that you enjoy your Freeola experience.

Big thank you to all at Freeola for your hard work during this present outage ... and thanks for my 'direct debit' email earlier today ... :¬D

I love you all
Wed 26/08/15 at 19:59
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yes, between 8am ish on 24th and midnight on 25th I think I manage 3 hours sleep!
We have to learn from these incidents though so we'll be looking at various things,such as communicating statuses via social media and moving our status page off net.
We will also look at resilience but that will involve higher costs. We are already using a multi homed network so we will be questioning the provider as to why that did not work, at all.
Wed 26/08/15 at 19:05
Regular
Sounds like you guys have had a long night. Glad the issue has been resolved...and thanks for the updates.
Wed 26/08/15 at 18:37
Regular
DL wrote:
Well said WH :¬)

I'm afraid my tongue was firmly in my cheek as I wrote the post !
Wed 26/08/15 at 16:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Well said WH :¬)
Wed 26/08/15 at 15:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
---------------------------------
Optimus wrote:
I apologise for the inconvenience caused by starting this thread - but is it fixed for good (well more that 1/2 a day) this time?
---------------------------------

There is certainly no need for an apology, this thread has given our customers a place to congregate and vent their frustrations along with providing us an alternate means to communicate directly to individuals a bit more informally than our standard support methods allow.

Early indications of a more robust resolution are positive but its is still early days. I know that Eccles is reviewing the situation as we speak

With the situation as tense as it is already, the last thing we want to do is provide overzealous optimism or unrealistic estimations.
Wed 26/08/15 at 15:51
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Optimus wrote:
I apologise for the inconvenience caused by starting this thread - but is it fixed for good (well more that 1/2 a day) this time?

That is a very good question, which I have already asked the network provider and I'm waiting to hear back about. What I do not understand is how the 'fix' that was done just before 1AM this morning became 'unfixed' at 11AM until now.
No problem with you creating this thread but I apologise if I have been a little abrupt.
Wed 26/08/15 at 15:46
Regular
Wed 26/08/15 at 15:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one Eccles ... web site back and email received.

Mind you, never missed that email account as all my others are Email Pro accounts.
Wed 26/08/15 at 15:34
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Daccord0101 wrote:
An old saying of days gone by when customer service actually meant something was, "The customer is always right" - how many of us who have complained or pointed out shortcomings regarding Freeola's ability to deliver service to their customers are wrong in light of this recent and very prolonged instance?

I am not aware of any occasion during this outage where a customer has been told they are wrong. At no point have we said that there is no problem. This has been very bad for all involved and we are not shying away from the fact that we have let our customers down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.