GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Unlimited"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/04/15 at 08:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
I notice Freeola now have a slighter cheaper connection available than the one I am currently on. Is it easy/worth me swapping my connections over to this? (our family has 3 in total and across them it would seem to be a worthwhile saving). I'm just a little bit wary of doing anything with my home connection as I've had issues with it in the past (that strangely seemed to rectify themselves). Its been well behaved for a while now & I don't want to upset it!
Thu 13/08/15 at 09:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
What service are you using these days DL?

Still with Freeola ADSL2+, but had to change to Freeola Xtreme as my original 'package' wasn't sold any more.
Thu 13/08/15 at 09:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
One thing I have noticed with that official speedtest is that although it appears to be powered by Ookla (as are others) I get much lower recorded speeds from it and always have.

Just done these:

Speedtest.net (also Ookla) 9.08 Mbs
Broadband Speedchecker 9.32 Mbs
Thinkbroadband.com 9.1Mbs
BT Speedtest (first part obviously) 9.35 Mbs
Official Talk Talk one 5.64 Mbs

My router sync speed is 10825 kbs BTW.

I've no idea why this is or if other Freeola Unlimited connections also experience this but I do know is there is no way my connection is running at 5.64 Mbs, it's much faster than that.
Thu 13/08/15 at 09:23
Regular
"Dads Army"
No, that is using a wired computer into the router, and my setup hasnt changed since the regrade.

Ok, will have to trawl through the thread to see how the others have cured their problems.

Does anyone from Tech Support read these threads?
Wed 12/08/15 at 23:30
"Are you sure?"
As BT's official tester isn't available, Eccles gave that address as the approved one where lines aren't using BT's normal line management.

What service are you using these days DL?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 12/08/15 at 23:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
I think your issue might be different than Pete's.

Your usable speed should be much better than that as you have a decent connection speed.
Edit
This is the speed test address staffie Eccles posted earlier for your type of connection: http://internet-speedtest.net/
See what that shows for you.

FWIW ... my connection shows this result using Eccles speed test address ...

Download 19.88Mbps Upload 1.08Mbps

As my connection is different to the one in question, what does 'your type of connection' mean?

LLU may be different and TalkTalk certainly are, but Freeola Customer Support recently suggested that only 4 customers had issues with a change to the 'new unlimited' service ... is this then the fifth?
Wed 12/08/15 at 21:17
"Are you sure?"
I think your issue might be different than Pete's.

Your usable speed should be much better than that as you have a decent connection speed.

Worth testing with a wired device if you are using wireless and also seeing what Freeola say if you are seeing the same poor throughput.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Edit
This is the speed test address staffie Eccles posted earlier for your type of connection: http://internet-speedtest.net/
See what that shows for you.
Wed 12/08/15 at 20:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi, have you raised a ticket for this issue? I too experienced slower speeds when I initially switched to the Unlimited package. If you read through this thread you will see where I (and another) were advised to request to have our target SNR reduced (I'll be honest I have no idea what the hell that is but it worked!). I after this adjustment my connection remained stable with an increase in speed, I had it taken down a further click and same again (still stable, further increase in speed). A few months on my connection is really good, rock solid and running at the same speed that my old BT/Enta connection did. I'm sure if you contact customer support (if you haven't done so already) they will be able to help, they're very good. Hope this helps.
Wed 12/08/15 at 17:17
Regular
"Dads Army"
Hi,

Since I regraded to the Freeola Unlimited service ive had no end of issues with my speed!

My routers says its connected as follows:

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 14835 kbps 1020 kbps
Line Attenuation 23 db 5.5 db
Noise Margin 7 db 9 db

However, im usually only getting about 1.5Mbps download speeds, and even then im having trouble with buffering issues on youtube and iplayer which I didnt have previously.

I got much more consistent download speeds when I was using the previous service!

Any help or ideas would be gratefully received, before I resort to going back to the previous dearer service.

Thanks
Wed 08/07/15 at 18:58
"Are you sure?"
Have you been monitoring your line stats via your router?
This would help to see if it's your line that's playing up or something else.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 08/07/15 at 18:02
Regular
been with Freeola for 3 years
changed traiff to Freeola Unlimited

been on Freeola Unlimited for a week now
was ok till yesterday then
web pages took ages to load
images load slow and roll bit by bit till they load

tried diffirent pcs and phone
all the same

changed dns in router to googles public dns 8.8.8.8

has speeded it up a little bit

my ip now comes up as

daisy communications

have put a ticket in

before i changed the dns in router
could not even get on argos website

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.