GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Unlimited"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/04/15 at 08:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
I notice Freeola now have a slighter cheaper connection available than the one I am currently on. Is it easy/worth me swapping my connections over to this? (our family has 3 in total and across them it would seem to be a worthwhile saving). I'm just a little bit wary of doing anything with my home connection as I've had issues with it in the past (that strangely seemed to rectify themselves). Its been well behaved for a while now & I don't want to upset it!
Wed 09/12/15 at 20:06
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yes and no, you'll have to wait and see:) Working on something as quickly as I can.
Wed 09/12/15 at 19:16
Regular
"I like turtles"
Any news on affordable FTTC deals winging there way to Freeolaland?
Thu 22/10/15 at 12:52
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote on 14/04/2015:
I'm hoping to sign up a new Freeola ADSL customer when I visit them this Friday (using the new unlimited package) and possibly another next Tuesday :¬) Wish I was on commission!

Wow - Where did those 6 months go?!

Just placed my first 'Freeola Unlimited' order for a client.
Last time round I had to go for old skool Freeola as their exchange didn't support the new package.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 17/10/15 at 19:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Sgt_Wilson ...

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems but all I can do is repeat Hmmm's advice and raise a support ticket as Eccles advised earlier.

For what it's worth, like pete I use Netgear routers and I have had connection issues, like pete suggested, with earlier models. I now use a Netgear N600 ADSL2+ router DGND3700 v.3 and 'touch wood' have had no problems.
Sat 17/10/15 at 19:19
"Are you sure?"
Sgt_Wilson wrote:
...how can I get this sorted?

That doesn't sound good.
I would follow Eccles's(staffie) earlier advice.

Let us know how you get on.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 17/10/15 at 18:39
Regular
"Dads Army"
Hi Everyone, im back :(

The speed of my internet connection is abysmal at certain times during the week. Usually weekdays 6:30 til about 9pm and then at the mo (Saturday) from 5pm til bout 11pm.

I can only just about load up a website in about 10 minutes, and am currently using this forum via a bt wifi hotspot.

Can anyone help, cos its either a Freeola Unlimited issue, or there is something going wrong at my exchange, how can I get this sorted?

Thanks
Fri 14/08/15 at 08:56
Regular
"I like turtles"
I have Netgear routers on both of my Freeola connections, can recommend those. Only issue I have had with them is if the connection ever drops (which is extremely rare for me) they sometimes seem to require a manual reboot. From personal experience I would avoid D-Link stuff, also their customer service left a bit to be desired.
Thu 13/08/15 at 23:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sgt_Wilson wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry for being a bit thick here, but what does reducing the SNR actually mean, does it slow your max speed of your line down?

Try here for your answer ... oldish information but informative :¬)
Thu 13/08/15 at 21:06
Regular
"Dads Army"
Hi All,

Sorry for being a bit thick here, but what does reducing the SNR actually mean, does it slow your max speed of your line down?

Also do you think it could be an old router (which worked perfectly before the LLU regrade) which is causing my issues? What routers would people recommend?

Thanks
Thu 13/08/15 at 10:42
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi,

If you are experiencing speed issues you should raise a ticket with us after performing a speed test at various times of the day and doing equipment checks.
We are aware of an issue with speed on our Unlimited tariff with 1 customer I believe, which we are working to resolve. Nearly every other customer that has had speed issue is because they moved from a 6dB SNR to a 12dB default SNR on the LLU platform. With these we can simply request a profile change (often several times to bring the SNR down slowly).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.