GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Unlimited"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/04/15 at 08:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
I notice Freeola now have a slighter cheaper connection available than the one I am currently on. Is it easy/worth me swapping my connections over to this? (our family has 3 in total and across them it would seem to be a worthwhile saving). I'm just a little bit wary of doing anything with my home connection as I've had issues with it in the past (that strangely seemed to rectify themselves). Its been well behaved for a while now & I don't want to upset it!
Tue 21/04/15 at 13:08
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
As we're having to put the orders on the suppliers system manually at the moment your regrade stayed in the a state that allowed the new details to show for a short time.

You new details should show once the order has been accepted and and a commit date is given by the supplier.

Do not use the new credentials until the switchover date, your existing details will continue to work.

You will lose connection at some point on the switch over date (which should be 29/04/2015 I think for you) and at that point you can enter the new credentials into your router.
Please note as well as the changes to the 'srxxxxx' part of the username, the realm @adsl.freeola.net must also be changed to @dsl.freeola.net, it's easy to miss the dropped 'a'!
Password is also changed too.

Your old connection details will still display in your MyFreeola account until BT confirm that the old connection has migrated.
Tue 21/04/15 at 11:58
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
I notice my broadband status is showing as 'Tariff change in progress'.

I also noticed yesterday that the web page was displaying a panel with my new details on - this has disappeared today.

What is the process for the changeover?

when the tariff change is completed, will I lose service until the new credentials are updated in my router? or ;

will the existing account details still work for a time beyond the changeover date? or;

can I use my new account details ahead of the change?
Mon 20/04/15 at 19:47
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Just to update, some changes have been made to the checker and tariff changes have been turned back on. Those who requested a regrade to Unlimited will have the request put through manually. Lead time is currently 6 working days, maybe slightly longer in some circumstances.
Sat 18/04/15 at 20:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Never rely on Friday 'fixes'!

Good ol'Friday afternoon working ... I remember it well when I worked for a bus manufacturer, the things that happened on a Friday afternoon were unbelievable, yet nothing actually 'came' back to the works ;¬)
Sat 18/04/15 at 19:00
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Right, hopefully (for me) the change tariff button has now disappeared. I will make it reappear as soon as I can :). Never rely on Friday 'fixes'!
Sat 18/04/15 at 18:07
"Are you sure?"
I agree, surely that should be £ S D :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT Spooky, Eccles replied while I was slowly typing...
Sat 18/04/15 at 18:05
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yes. Feel free to drop us a ticket and we can then action a tariff change asap next week for you.
Sat 18/04/15 at 16:02
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Does this response mean it's still broken?

'Broadband Tariff Change

Thank you, your changes have been received and will be actioned as per the details below.

All changes are automatic, you do not need to make any changes to your computer, modem or router.

REQUEST TO CHANGE FREEOLA BROADBAND TARIFF

TO: at £0.00 per month

WILL TAKE EFFECT ON: 01/01/1970 '
Sat 18/04/15 at 09:40
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Just to clarify, when I said sign up should be working, this is to sign up to activate or migrate a new connection via Freeola.com/broadband. The ability to regrade an existing connection will only be available via MyFreeola and won't be possible for all connections yet due to changes to the line checker. I will try and sort that on Monday.
Fri 17/04/15 at 20:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Poor Eccles ... you seem to have all on at the moment! As Hmmm says ... we'll try after the weekend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.