GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Unlimited"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/04/15 at 08:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
I notice Freeola now have a slighter cheaper connection available than the one I am currently on. Is it easy/worth me swapping my connections over to this? (our family has 3 in total and across them it would seem to be a worthwhile saving). I'm just a little bit wary of doing anything with my home connection as I've had issues with it in the past (that strangely seemed to rectify themselves). Its been well behaved for a while now & I don't want to upset it!
Fri 01/05/15 at 19:44
"Are you sure?"
IP Profiles are only for BTw based connections.
For an LLU connection I would check the line sync (connection speed) and SNR margin.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 01/05/15 at 19:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
Cheers Eccles, like I said I'll see how it is in a week or so.

One thing I did want to ask is how do you check your IP profile on a non-BT connection? Have tried the BT Speedtester thing but unsurprisingly it wouldn't work!
Fri 01/05/15 at 09:42
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,

Yes these LLU connection do have a training period, just like BT ones. So give it a few days and the sync should increase.
I'll try and look into the usage bits today, I know there have been problems service side getting usage but as it's unlimited we haven't been too worried!
Fri 01/05/15 at 08:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
JimTheDog wrote:
Just thought I'd update my previous post...

Change over to unlimited went well. Performance (after 1 day) seems as good as my previous connection, though several speed tests have noted a drop from 17Mb/s to about 13Mb/s (I'll try again in a few days)....

How long have you been on Freeola Unlimited Jim? I was only switched over yesterday and my connection is functional but definitely slower than my previous one. My old Freeola connection (Entanet) averaged around 9-11 Mbs, this one (shows as Daisy Communications) seems to average around 6Mbs (although it dropped to 3.5Mbs peak time yesterday evening). Tried to watch a HD clip on YT at this time and got serious Kevin Bacon bufferface! Not sure if these unbundled LLU connections need to settle? Will leave it for the usual 10 days or so (seem to recall that's the kind of time frame required) and see how I get on.
Thu 30/04/15 at 19:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
JimTheDog wrote:

... I can tell you now that my broadband usage for January 1970 was nil.

That's strange, so was mine ;¬) Maybe we should raise a support ticket?

Think I'll stick with my present unlimited package
Thu 30/04/15 at 19:37
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"

Change over to unlimited went well. Performance (after 1 day) seems as good as my previous connection, though several speed tests have noted a drop from 17Mb/s to about 13Mb/s (I'll try again in a few days).

The static IP stated in my broadband details is not the same as the one I've been allocated. Not a problem though.

And I can tell you now that my broadband usage for January 1970 was nil. You can stop trying to calculate it :oD

Cheers
JTD
Wed 22/04/15 at 10:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks Eccles, will give it a whirl then.
Wed 22/04/15 at 09:43
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The charge is for ceasing the connection, not for migrating it. So if you were to move house, for example, your line would be ceased and so you would incur a cease charge. Moving back to another of our tariffs would not normally incur a charge. We'd just request a MAC and then migrate the service over.
Wed 22/04/15 at 07:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Why is there is a near £40 charge for existing customers who decide to leave within a year if they switch to this tariff? Not that I'm intending to do that it's just if this new connection does not quite perform in the way my current one does for any reason it would seem to make it quite expensive to switch back. I notice this service uses the Talk Talk network, their connections aren't great on our exchange (I know a couple of people who are with them), presume this wouldn't be the case for Enta customers, it would just be a case of having their services routed through TT equipment?
Tue 21/04/15 at 21:28
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Brilliant - thank you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.