GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2! Not so !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:37
Regular
Too much hype! This game isn't really for those without any friends. Single Player is a huge let down. It is boring and just not hard enough! I mean there must be about 10-15 enemies on the first level. That is the first level to get you interested in the game and hey it is pretty dull. There are only a few weapons, and the future weapons are not good at all. Plasma poo flying all over the place and bouncing off walls, I mean come on why do that. A nice bit of laser bullets or something would be better, but not flying glowing things.

Controlls are poor to say the least. With out the greatest controller lay out EVER (N64) It is just pathetic, using the controller like a Dual Shock just annoys me.

Easy setting isn't easy at all, it is just...well...like breathing...natural and effortless. Too little enemies are just poor.

Goldeneye 2? NO, a big NO.

However, the in date weapons like the tommy gun are great. Multi Player is the best yet and making your own map rules!

Unfortunatly, without any stats for the multi player games, it feels to me like a real bad let down.
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:34
Regular
You idiot parr! This is Goldeneye 2! Best game I've played in years.

Erm, bye!
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:20
Regular
Also many PS2 mags go, "its better than the legendary goldeneye" well when any FPS comes out on it its "better than goldeneye," thats what they said about TS, but if thats true wouldnt it be "its even better than timesplitters"? :S
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:19
Regular
I just saw an advert for the game in a mag and it had the scores of which diffrent mags gave it:

All of the PS2 mags gave it = 10/10
All of the Xbox mags gave it = 9/10
All of the GC mags gave it = 9.5/10

What does thsi mean?
1. PS2 version is the best while gc is second followed by xbox
2. its the same and on the PS2 it looks great but not so on GC and xbox
3. GC and xbox are used to better games while to PS2 owners it brill
4. its just coincidence.

What ever it means at least we know everyone with a console has one damn good game.
Fri 01/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
*holds Timesplitters 2 just out of §n][peŽ's reach*

Mwa. Ha. Ha.
Fri 01/11/02 at 11:07
Regular
u llama...... i want it ;p
Fri 01/11/02 at 11:06
Regular
"Remember me?"
I've been playing TS2 for a few hours - single player, multiplayer and spent a fair while fiddling with the Map Maker - and I've got to say that it's violently shoved and replaced Wave Race: Blue Storm as my all-time favourite Gamecube game. There's just SO much to it!
Fri 01/11/02 at 11:02
Regular
lol i have to wait till monday now......
Thu 31/10/02 at 18:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
See!? Told you so!
Thu 31/10/02 at 18:11
Regular
"^_^"
After alot more play, and on Normal. Single player isn't all that bad. I am getting used to the controlls and I feel the game getting better!

It just takes time to get into!
Thu 31/10/02 at 16:46
Regular
I find the process of being the experienced gamer of a certian game "dad" and telling the new gamer "son" and watching him grow up is good.

the Baby years, hes new and no idea what to do:
go over there, he does it.. shoot him he does it.

the teenage years, got the hang of it now:
go over there, he runs else where..shoot him, he kills someone else

grown up years, he better than you
go over th....he killed everyone :(

then there the stage you work as a team... but that not in a son and dad relationship..is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.