GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2! Not so !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:37
Regular
Too much hype! This game isn't really for those without any friends. Single Player is a huge let down. It is boring and just not hard enough! I mean there must be about 10-15 enemies on the first level. That is the first level to get you interested in the game and hey it is pretty dull. There are only a few weapons, and the future weapons are not good at all. Plasma poo flying all over the place and bouncing off walls, I mean come on why do that. A nice bit of laser bullets or something would be better, but not flying glowing things.

Controlls are poor to say the least. With out the greatest controller lay out EVER (N64) It is just pathetic, using the controller like a Dual Shock just annoys me.

Easy setting isn't easy at all, it is just...well...like breathing...natural and effortless. Too little enemies are just poor.

Goldeneye 2? NO, a big NO.

However, the in date weapons like the tommy gun are great. Multi Player is the best yet and making your own map rules!

Unfortunatly, without any stats for the multi player games, it feels to me like a real bad let down.
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:28
Regular
no, never
Fri 01/11/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Remember me?"
Boz wrote:
> -boz "idoit of the month"-

Changin' yer tagline then? ;D
Fri 01/11/02 at 15:05
Regular
I say 2 stupid things..today and yesturday.

yesturday was so bad its in my nickname and today is just plain mean :)

leave me alone :'( you people never remember me unless i said something wrong

-boz "idoit of the month"-
Fri 01/11/02 at 15:01
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yes, maybe you should. Ptchoff!!
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:59
Regular
Dark Mark wrote:
> Boz wrote:
> Yeah but on that one advert they did, and surely the maker of the
> advert would put the best scores on their for each format.
>
> *
>
> But you said that ALL the GC mags gave it the same score. If this
> isn't so, then why say it?#

I meant on the advert they all had the same scores..maybe i should make myself more clearer in future just i thought people would know what i meant.
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:15
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I spent most of yesterday playing 8 player TS2 (PS2) and I have decided that Perfect Dark is still unbeaten as a multiplayer FPS. In fact, Goldeneye and PD are still the best.

The reason is that no FPS I have played since these have had the skill factor that these games had. TS2 is just too fast and it's just blast blast blast.

Don't get me wrong, I still like TS2 but I prefer using skill rather than just firing away at everything.

Halo did try making it skillful but it still didn't require a lot of skill (as it was SOO easy to get a head shot every single time).

Anyway, single player in TS2 is still good and I still like the game but it isn't a Goldeneye sequel.

And the weapons do in fact suck! I don't like explosive weapons as this removes all skill! I like a match of JUST explosive weapons from time to time but I don't think it works mixing explosives with bullet based guns at the same time.

What REALLY annoys me is that some of the best weapons' secondary functions are explosive. The Soviet has grenades, the sci-fi autorfile has plasma grenades. There aren't enough weapons either. Where the hell is the uzi?!?!
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Remember me?"
Boz wrote:
> Yeah but on that one advert they did, and surely the maker of the
> advert would put the best scores on their for each format.

But you said that ALL the GC mags gave it the same score. If this isn't so, then why say it?
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:59
Regular
Yeah but on that one advert they did, and surely the maker of the advert would put the best scores on their for each format.
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Remember me?"
Boz wrote:
> All of the GC mags gave it = 9.5/10
>
> What does thsi mean?

It means you can't count. NGC (a Gamecube magazine, if I'm not mistaken) gave it 92%. Surely this is 9.2/10, and not 9.5/10? Tsk!
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You're wrong. All the mags didn't give it the same scores.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.