GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Thu 07/11/02 at 13:32
Regular
Sure you've all read about the unofficial leaked demo; it can be downloaded (all 360mb of it) at

http://www.novaesleite.brturbo.com/Doug/Files/doom_iii.rar

you will need to read & print instructions at

http://users.adelphia.net/~nrgonline/doom3/

first though to get it to work properly, frame rate is terrible 17fps with XP2200 and Radeon 9700 ! it hasn't been optimized yet - hope the official demo comes along soon.

Enjoy !
Sun 17/11/02 at 00:32
"High polygon count"
VenomByte wrote:
> Couldn't get it working. The archive appears to be corrupt in some
> way: most of the files will not extract.
>
> I doubt I'll bother downloading it again just to see if it's a one
> off, either...

I had the same, and have been trying to download it again. Don't think I'll bother now.
Sat 16/11/02 at 21:17
Regular
thats why it's called leaked.
Sat 16/11/02 at 17:25
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
MJswerve wrote:
its an alpha version

Make that pre-alpha. :)
Sat 16/11/02 at 12:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Couldn't get it working. The archive appears to be corrupt in some way: most of the files will not extract.

I doubt I'll bother downloading it again just to see if it's a one off, either...
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:54
Regular
Of course it aint gonna be completely finished Sniper its an alpha version, the reason most people download it is probably to see how it is coming along. I mean from what I've seen it looks amazing although no way near completion.
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:10
Regular
its badly done probably.. i tried the raven shield demo trying to tweak it so desired Refreshrate is 85 doesnt work i get a GPF..... what a way to make a demo.
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:02
Regular
"smile, it's free"
All done. Two and a half hours that took me.

Might be off out in a sec, but I'll post whether it works as soon as I get a chance to test it out.
Fri 15/11/02 at 18:32
"High polygon count"
§n][pe® wrote:
> not gonna bother......... i feel sorry for the ppl actually dling
> it.... when it obviously isnt ready.

Not sure I'm going to bother for much longer, to be honest.
Fri 15/11/02 at 18:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Dropped to 35k/sec, but I'm 36% done now.
Fri 15/11/02 at 18:12
Regular
not gonna bother......... i feel sorry for the ppl actually dling it.... when it obviously isnt ready.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.