GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is a nintendo better than a playstation?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 16:43
Regular
nintendo dont sell many games anymore but playstation games are much more expenciv.

if were talking about componys I pick nintendo ,but consols I pick playstation
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:46
Regular
Dringo wrote:
Nintendo are a games company and so are the best for making consoles.

Not really. If they are a games company then they have experience with software, not hardware.

You need to have an understanding of both S/W and H/W.

Something that Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have all got.
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:45
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> i luv gran feft orto free cuz iz vilent

I like it because it's a well made game, not because it's violent. Otherwise you could use that excuse for all the kiddy gamers who just love playing with oily men in enclosed spaces *cough* WWF *cough*
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:45
Regular
dingo plz shut up
nintard r crap and sonee r 2

PoNg rulz alll
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:42
Regular
Nintendo is the best but thats because they make consoles and controllers specifically for games, sony dont make games they make a console and say its good... how would they know? Nintendo are a games company and so are the best for making consoles.
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:42
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:
Maybe but the actress who plays Lara Croft in the
> Tomb Raider film is sure hot though eh?

100% minger
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:39
Regular
i luv gran feft orto free cuz iz vilent
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:38
Regular
Coley wrote:
> For a company I would pick Nintendo because they hae been around for 17 years
> and playstation since 1996.but I find that Playstation games are better.
and
> so is there console.

You'd've been closer if you said 117 years :)
Mon 25/02/02 at 17:37
Regular
DecallionStallion wrote:
> ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha
> ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha
> ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha
> ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha
> ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha
> ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

Wow
> man, I nearly went unconscious there, I thought you were really seroius about
> the title....
Nintendo being better than sony, ha ha honestly, some people
> these days.

WAIT WAIT! I haven't finished holding my sides! <- Quote Death from Family Guy

Honestly, if anyone is going to take this seriously, then I think that it's Microsoft who are going to have problems this time round.

Nintendo have got nearly all, if not more third party support than they've ever had, so I wouldn't be suprised if the GameCube outperforms the Playstation 2 in it's life as a console. Nintendo have managed to regain a lot of their reputation as quality games manufacturers after the Pokémon craze died down and the Game Boy Advance was released. The GameCube's own games, some by Nintendo, other by third parties, have impressed the critics to some degree, and the developers themselves have been impressed by the easiness of being able to port games from the Playstation 2 and Dremacast to the GameCube, despite the troubles companies had when converting games to the N64. We have managed to see this with games like Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle released in the states for the GameCube.

Sony, however, wont be knocked that hard though. They have got a large market share in this field and have large advertising campaigns, as well as the fact they've turned themselves into the "Nike" of the gaming world. If you don't have a Playstation 2 you are considered either a childish zombie or a retarded yankee. I disagree with those two generalistations, however that's how things are turning out. Sony have lost a lot of their exclusive 3rd party support with games like Crash Bandicoot being made into Game Boy Advance games, and Capcom releasing the complete Resident Evil series after reamodelling the games and releasing them under new titles on the Game Cube. I don't think that Microsoft will be much competition for them, unless a hostile takeover bid in desperation comes from the pockets of Bill Gates promising to give the top men in Sony new jobs with large salaries and a large suitcase full of crisp green. But, unless it does get released on the X-box, I think Microsoft will have some trouble competing with the Grand theft Auto series.

Now, not having much experience with the X-box, I know from first, and second impressions that the X-box isn't anything partuculary special to get excited about. The games I've played in the shops were of average quality, and the console itself looked cheap and tacky! I mean, whoever thought that a green piece of card with X-box printed on it would look amazing in a plastic bubble on the front should be shot! Microsoft have used some of the PC's technology to involve a hard disk drive to save games to, and to process the graphics, but this has made the cost of buying an X-box almost double the proce of the GameCube, and more expensive than the Playstation 2 was at launch. But worse of all with this console is the really terrible controllers. They feel too big in my hands (and I've got big hands!) and those coloured buttons seem oh so close together! Why didn't they have just one large multicoloured button in the middle, instead of making that single button with four pieces of plastic? Surely that would lower the costs a little!

Now I'm only giving my impression of what I think the future will be of the three consoles. Sony may have had a head start in the 128-bit market, but look what happened to Sega when they made use of technology early. The developers weren't ready, and even moreso the gamers themselves weren't ready! I believe that with Nintendo's popularity slowly building back up, and with their new third party support and brand new quality games from the top games designer himself, Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo's GameCube and Game Boy Advance will put Nintendo back where they belong, at the top. It's going to be hard for Microsoft to maintain a high degree of quality, especially when they lack it from the beginning. I'm not saying they wont improve, but they'll need to do something to try and sway Microsoft loathers to spend nearly half a grand on a console, a few games, a controller and a couple extra accesories.

So there we are! What do you think?
Mon 25/02/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
For a company I would pick Nintendo because they hae been around for 17 years and playstation since 1996.but I find that Playstation games are better.
and so is there console.
Mon 25/02/02 at 15:48
"I hate that!!!"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Doughnut Monster wrote:
Thus Lara Croft was born *Hubba Hubba* (Time for
> a
> bit of trouser rubbing me finks)

You'll go blind.

Haw Haw..

Maybe but the actress who plays Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider film is sure hot though eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.