GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX SUCKS"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/01/02 at 11:23
Regular
XBOX SUCKS
Page:
Sat 02/02/02 at 09:17
i agree with this original statment.
i have a gamecube and all i can say is thank god i got that instead of the Box.
i had reserved my judgement on bill gates newest venture until i had seen the games running on it.
i had allready been playing five excellent games on the gamecube that have been available pratically from launch.
it finaaly arrived at the basildon SR and i saw it.
It was a hefty chunker of a console not anywhere near as compact and smart looking as my cube (thats my opinion).
On to the controller. it is ugly to behold it doesnt fit in your hands the same amazing way the cube pad does.
Time and time again it has been said that the cube pad is
far superior to the other consoles pads. I prefer the ps2 pad to the xbox pad.
Any way barring all that i thgouht the games coming out on this has got to be good.
halo was i thought xboxs ace in the hole a game that justified the hype as well as would project gotham racing.
The interactive demo of project gotham was easily mistakeable for a joke.It was worse than the dreamcast game msr. The cars were great and looked quite nice (didnt hold much over gt3 on ps2 though, the PGR had better reflections)
but the back grounds were tacky and extremely poor quality textures and dodgy 3d models (accurate but not well made).
halo looked okay (rolling demo) but the frame rate was not the constant 60 fps i am used to from the gamecube (even with 100 tiny pikmin onscreen plus animals and excellent 3d backgrounds with amazing textures (pikmin a game youll never get to play unless your lucky or make the right choice:)))
#
The other selection of games were no better than anything i had seen on the ps2. i mean this the xbox graphically is no better than the ps2 (at the moment) and i hope for every xbox to be owner who has yet to see the power of the cube
that they try before they buy because lads your in for a dissapointing ride. Maybe the second generation titles will be up to the standard of nintendos launch titles :)
im just hoping that the demo disk is a bunch of unfinished betas.Another thing was that there were still jaggys on this amazing future console that runs at higher resoloutions (hmmmmm) than any other console

I have seen all three consoles now.
The gamecube is the best there is no doubt about it.
when you put all three consoles next to each other running the same game we will see nintedo is the better until that day i know in my opinion am right
Sat 02/02/02 at 10:03
Errr.... Have you played the xbox? All you saw was rolling demos, yeah? SO if you haven't played any games how can you judge them? As for the controler, its a matter of opinion. I h8 the PS2 controler as it is far too small. (I have big hands) And the M are releasing a smaller xbox controler which is a lot more compact. As for the size. Gcbe may be small. But what you see is what you're getting. It will get barly ne online support and w/ no HD. The HD isn't a total waste of time. It alows games like Project Ego and Morrowind III to be possible. Gcube couldn't handle either. I am one of those people who compleats games quickly. Which means that the XBOX games suit me. For one thing they are HUGE! Quite a few XBOX games can't really be compleated in a conventional way. And because of online support developers can release new levels, skins and extras for douwnload. And w/ the HD you'll never need a memory card. its just endless amounts of space. Oh and btw, Pikmins ability to have 100 pikmin on screen (and so on) isn't revolutionary as with munch on the XBOX it can have over 50 highly detailed characters with dynamic lighting, varying complexity and a living and breathing world behind them.
Oh and the PS2 graphics arn't better.
Sat 02/02/02 at 23:12
1.yes ive played the xbox, no they werent rolling demos.
2. the gamecube controller has been recognised by numerous sources as being the most comfortable pad of all three consoles.

if microsoft are releasing a new smaller controller then they need to improve its design button placement is abismal
regardless of hand size (you need to have giant hands for the control to fit porperly)

3.i dont want online support in my console. the Dreamcast had online support nuff said. and you cant state it wont get any online support you dont know what nintendo will do.
the hard drive is a nice feature.

4. why couldnt the gamecube handle morrowind or project 3
what basis do you have for this?

5.lol "Quite a few XBOX games can't really be compleated in a conventional way. "
award for most vague statement ever.
I have super smash bros and that i can technically complete in 10 minutes but the point of that game is to have fun and the numerous extra things you can do that you can never complete in the conventional way. A bit more specific on this please

6. i havent seen oddworld and i didnt say pikmin was revolouionary dont misquote me i said it
it ran at a constant 60 fps with a hundred of them following me, me , scenery ,enemys, lighting and all excellently textures.

7.the ps2 graphics are better on some games
i didnt see anything on the demos rolling or interactive that suggested to me otherwise at least not the leap that microsoft has the gullible people believing.
i also heard many people other x-box enthusiats that werent impressed.

et-toi?
Fri 15/02/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
DaveyDenton wrote:
2. the gamecube
> controller has been recognised by numerous sources as being the most comfortable
> pad of all three consoles.

Surely its more important what people thik rather than "sources" The two times I've tried Gamecube I've found it uncomfortable, yet the PS2 and Xbox ones are dead comfy.

>3.i dont want online support in my console. the Dreamcast
> had online support nuff said. and you cant state it wont get any online support
> you dont know what nintendo will do.
the hard drive is a nice feature.

Surely Nintendo is going to need some online games first.... FFXI is PS2 and Xbox but NOT Gamecube, I'd say thats a pretty good indication of the future and Nintendo's plans.

>5.lol "Quite a few XBOX games can't really be compleated in a
> conventional way. "
award for most vague statement ever.
I have super
> smash bros and that i can technically complete in 10 minutes but the point of
> that game is to have fun and the numerous extra things you can do that you can
> never complete in the conventional way. A bit more specific on this please

Probably means things like Project Gotham where you come back to levels to get higher medals, extras e.t.c. Halo hasloads of etra bits which aren't mission essential, as does Delta Storm, Buffy e.t.c.

> i havent seen oddworld and i didnt say pikmin was revolouionary dont misquote me
> i said it
it ran at a constant 60 fps with a hundred of them following me, me ,
> scenery ,enemys, lighting and all excellently textures.

Pikmins still not exactly realistic graphics though is it :)? Halo has 60fps as does DOA3 with realistic graphics, explosions e.t.c. Pikmin looks nice but isnt enough to really impress.

>7.the ps2 graphics
> are better on some games
i didnt see anything on the demos rolling or
> interactive that suggested to me otherwise at least not the leap that microsoft
> has the gullible people believing.
i also heard many people other x-box
> enthusiats that werent impressed.

Gullible ? Maybe you mean the "we don't think Nintendo are great and every game they put their name to is ace" people ? :) :P As for the Xbox enthusiasts...a)if people in your area base a purchase on a demo pod then thats strange b)1.5 million americans can't be wrong c)The leap in graphics is there but it helps to have an open mind d)oh....ran out of ideas, whatever anyone says I still believe the Gamecube is more of a kidcube - it'll sell well but not to the age group Microsoft and Sony are fighting for !
Sat 16/02/02 at 12:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
At least Nintendo fans have stuck with them when logic seemed to disasapate, and PSX stole the N64s market. X-Box is new, shiny, and has a LOT of cash behind it. But look at the facts. Nintendo, a fantastic games company that aims games at people who want FUN! Not people who sit around thinking that Halo is Gods new son on earth, simply because the graphics are amazing.

The controller debate is pointless - it is up to your opinion and the size of your hands. Although the X-Box has all these games that require the Hard Drive, they are out/coming out on PC, and my PC can handle far supereiot thingds to an X-Box already, but does not have the Nintendo games. That is why I buy Nintendo games and consoles. I have my PC for all the 'amazing' releases, and the GC for its fantastic fun, brilliant games (which also look absoloutely fantastic as a bonus)

PS are you saying 1.5 million US people bought an X-box. Seeing as GC has outslod GC, I find that hard to believe - oh and they can be wrong - look at good ol' George Bush - sorry political tendecies show themselves when confronted by stupid facts.
Sat 16/02/02 at 18:00
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Cyclone wrote:
X-Box is new, shiny, and has a LOT of cash behind it.
> But look at the facts. Nintendo, a fantastic games company that aims games at
> people who want FUN! Not people who sit around thinking that Halo is Gods new
> son on earth, simply because the graphics are amazing.

Okay then if you want facts....
FACT Nintendo messed up the N64 and Pkemon basically saved the Gameboy.
FACT The industry depends on money. Money equals success, Sega didnt have it and failed, Sony did and look where they are now. Nintendo put very little into N64 advertising and look what happened.
FACT Halo is about the gameplay and the whole experience that is Halo. None of the Gamecube games I've seen are as engaging.
FACT Xbox games are fun, its just that Microsoft has the brains to figure out that fun doesn't necessarily equal cutesy graphics.

>Although
> the X-Box has all these games that require the Hard Drive, they are out/coming
> out on PC, and my PC can handle far supereiot thingds to an X-Box already, but
> does not have the Nintendo games.

They only "require" the Hard Drive because the hard drive is built in ! If the hardware's there it may as well be used eh ? As for the PC thing, I've just got Medal Of Honour Allied Assault running on a 1.5ghz, 256mb ram, Geforce 3 and it still looks nothing like Halo and nowhere near as smooth or lifelike as Dead Or Alive 3. This poor poor excuse about PCs running Xbox games is rather tired now and its really oly used by the Nintendo camp. The argument isn't logical - you're saying that the PC runs better games than the Xbox, but the Gamecube is technically inferior to the Xbox, so surely you should also say the Gamecube is worse than a PC......bit of a gaping hole that :) Consoles are designed for one thing - entertainment, or games in nintendo's case (because no one wants a DVD player do they :P ) PC's are designed for multi tasking so will never do games as well.

> That is why I buy Nintendo games and consoles.
> I have my PC for all the 'amazing' releases, and the GC for its fantastic fun,
> brilliant games (which also look absoloutely fantastic as a bonus)

What amazing releases would they be then ? Xbox hand me downs ? In an interview in Xgamer Bill Gates has basically sadi that Microsoft is concentrating on the Xbox games, as have many other development teams/studios. Consoles equal more sales - period

>PS are
> you saying 1.5 million US people bought an X-box. Seeing >as GC has outslod GC,

The Gamecube outselling the Gamecube - now Nintendo really are brainwashing you !

> I
> find that hard to believe - oh and they can be wrong - look at good ol' George
> Bush - sorry political tendecies show themselves when >confronted by stupid
> facts.

Contradicting yourself here ! First you say the Gamecube outsold the Xbox (which isn't true as there's no official data yet - both claim to have outsold the other, but retailers all agree that Halo outsold Luigi's Mansion and that Xbox games sold at 3:2 against Gamecube ones) then you're saying that the Americans can get it wrong... So if you're saying the Gamecube was the most successful then surely the Americans could have got it wrong here as well :)

And there's no way you can dress up the "brilliant" Japanese launch is there...... lol :)
Sat 16/02/02 at 19:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I think that everyone has thier own oppinion on what gaming they like and dont like and so if you dont like anything then it really doesnt matter.
Why not just talk about the cool stuff because you may hurt someone who likes the X-Box.
Personally i think the X-Box has huge potential and right now it just hasnt got the games but in a couple years it will be right up thier with the PS2.

Cya
Sat 16/02/02 at 22:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Cyclone wrote:
and my PC can handle far supereiot thingds to an X-Box already

Wrong. Unless you own a brand new Geforce 4 Ti4600 which isnt out yet, as this is the graphics card that is about as powerfull as the X-box graphics chip. The new Geforce 4 Ti4600 is up to 50% more powerful than the current Geforce 3 Ti500. So the X-Box is more powerful than any PC available now. Also with consoles they dont need as much power to run the games as a PC. Take the PS1 for example, can a 33mhz processor and 2mb Ram in a PC run the games that a PS1 can.
Sun 17/02/02 at 14:30
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
Xbox owns the Gamecube's purple pop-up toaster lookalike ass!

Halo is AWESOME, Dead or Alive 3, while it lacks originality, is simply the COOLEST fighting game ever! Munch's Oddysee looks cool! And from what I've seen of Star Wars: Obi Wan, that game looks like it could be THE greatest Star wars game on ANY system to date!

And anyone who moans and whines about the size of the pad is clearly an idiot, for a start the DC pad was bigger! I think the people who do all this moaning are scared Sony zealots who fear the Xbox will KILL their precious PS2 console when it arrives in the UK in just over 3 weeks' time.

In short, Xbox OWNS you Sony!
Sun 17/02/02 at 14:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Rich-Xboxsource wrote:
I've seen of Star
> Wars: Obi Wan, that game looks like it could be THE greatest Star wars game on
> ANY system to date!

Looks can be deciving as this is one of the worst Star Wars games. It has got bad reviews from every place and all the user reviews come to the same conclusion, its pretty awful.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.