GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX SUCKS"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/01/02 at 11:23
Regular
XBOX SUCKS
Page:
Mon 21/01/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Foos Rock"
The X-Box is superior to the Nintendo Gamecube and PS2. But it 's far too expensive and only slightly better than the cheaper Nintendo Gamecube. Another thing is that most of the games that will be released on it will also be on the PC or another console.

When you take all of this into account the X-Box does indeed SUCK.
Thu 24/01/02 at 07:31
The only exclusive XBOX game (that i know of) going onto the PC it Halo. Even then you will need the best graphics card, best sound card and a very big, fast PC. Even then it may not preform as well.
Tue 29/01/02 at 10:40
Regular
Tue 29/01/02 at 10:47
Regular
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 29/01/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
windy bennett wrote:
> if u h8 it soooooooooo much thn y r u bothering 2 waste ur time writing a stupid (expletive deleted) msg tht doesn't make n e sense what so ever!!!

---

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is called "irony" and will serve you well.
Wed 30/01/02 at 22:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
> windy bennett wrote:
> if u h8 it soooooooooo much thn y r u bothering 2
> waste ur time writing a stupid (expletive deleted) msg tht doesn't make n e
> sense what so ever!!!

*AHEM*

Anyone else noticed what I noticed??

I think Goatboy had the right idea.
Thu 31/01/02 at 11:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It seems to me, from what I have played, that XBox has one good game - Halo, and not really any brightspots on the horizon - several games on it, that are good are coming out on PC, or will be, and I can't see the point of paying £300 for a console, when you have a £150 console with a far far far superiour gaiming heritage (and a console that is only slighlty slower - it still looks absoloutely amazing - anyone played the Battle Of Endor on RL? 200 Ties screaming past your ears, lasers flashing at impossible angle, and an Imperial fleet!)
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:50
When was the last time u pulled your head out from your.... Never mind. It's seem to me that you haven't yet got all your facts right. First of the PS2 is rather slow, even the X-box graphics cards is nearly fast than the PS2. The speed of saving and loading is slower then my dead dog. Also you would have to spend about £15 just to be able to save a game with hardly any space. They use to be £29.99. A nother thing does the PS2 have RAM.... No? Nor even a Modem... No AGAIN. Also how long has it taken the PS2 to get a class game nearly a year YES a whole year. So next time you diss some think ie. the X-BOX Now the facts. O Year the PS2 has about 40 days till it ends up like the Sega Dreamcast.
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Actually the PS2 isnt slow. Your comparing 2 different types of consoles. The PS2 is designed to play games, its chip architecture is so different to the X-Box that the 2 cant be compared.

Also the PS2 memory cards have plenty of space. I have 17 games saves on there, some like Jak And Daxter take up 700 KB and I still have just under 4000 KB left which is about half of the card.

PS2 does have RAM. RAM is the main storage of the console. It reads data into the RAM to load games. Every console has RAM, even the old SNES or Mega Drive.
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Does the PS2 have a modem, NO. Does the X-Box have a modem, NO. The X-box has a built in Ethernet adaptor, and from what I have seen in Edge will still need a box in tha back to plug into a broadband internet connection.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.