GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Miyamoto working on a Metal Gear Solid game?!?!?!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
Taken from gamesradar:

"Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Could this be the best thing ever?
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:45
Regular
Give Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Animal Crossing and Zelda: WW a little once over and if they don't change ya mind then nothing will.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Quiet you. I'm still angered by that OOT comment.

:D
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:42
Regular
The games do speak for themselves, OOT was dry and unexciting, Goldeneye and Zelda were sitting beside each other unfinished on the shelf, which got played to death, Goldeneye!!!

I'll agree that MGS2 is also slow and boring, it's been out almost a year now, and I've still not anywhere near finished it!!

Now guys, no one here has said that Shigsy is a bad games designer, far from it, over the period of his career he is the best the world has EVER seen, but right now, the in-form guy is Kojima.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:35
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> OOT sucked, it was a very slow, repetative game, but it was very well
> designed.

*spits out tea all over monitor*

Damn it, you people have gotta stop giving me all these jokes. That's about the 10th monitor i've broken this month.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:34
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> designed.
>
> I have actually read professional game design documents as part of my
> degree. Design documents really only convey the philosophy of a game,
> nothing else, not how to implement, those things are left to the
> programmers and technical staff. All Shigsy would do is tell them
> what he wants, they make it, then he tells them how it would feel
> better, then they change it, and that goes on and on until the
> deadlines are met and the game gets released. Games are implemented
> by programmers, games are designed by geniuses.
>
> Kojima is the best in the world at the moment!!!

You make me laugh.

Run along now.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bonus wrote:
> designed.

What.

I choose to contemptuously look at that comment.

Kojima might be the best 'designer' in your opinion, but the games speak for themselves.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whitestripes wrote:
. Any one who has completed OOT can
> already tell you that.

Yep.

MGS is nothing to that game.

Master Quest! YAY!
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:30
Regular
OOT sucked, it was a very slow, repetative game, but it was very well designed.

I have actually read professional game design documents as part of my degree. Design documents really only convey the philosophy of a game, nothing else, not how to implement, those things are left to the programmers and technical staff. All Shigsy would do is tell them what he wants, they make it, then he tells them how it would feel better, then they change it, and that goes on and on until the deadlines are met and the game gets released. Games are implemented by programmers, games are designed by geniuses.

Kojima is the best in the world at the moment!!!
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:27
Regular
Shisgy DID work on Prime, intensivly. Seeing as it was utter crap originally, Shisgy went in there, cancelled their other projects and sat down to steer them on the path as one of the best games ever.

Zelda, also, is near perfection. The dungeons are so well designed, the puzzles brilliantly implemented. Any one who has completed OOT can already tell you that.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:26
Regular
I'd rather play a game that plays well and is not just designed well thanking you very muchly.

Metroid Prime gives MGS2 and ZOne of Enders a big king sized boot in the nuts when it comes to gameplay, depth and style.

I'm glad to hear that MGS is gonna be coming ot Cube, it's a big series and is bound to bring some more intrest to the Cube but to be honest I don't see myself getting the game.

I prefer watching movies on my DVD player.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.