GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Miyamoto working on a Metal Gear Solid game?!?!?!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
Taken from gamesradar:

"Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Could this be the best thing ever?
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:26
Regular
Just ignore the stupid little

Bonus is nothing but a anti-Nintendo fanboy, if you care to read his pathetic comments in FOG Chat you will see why.

Another who couldn't tell a decent game if it cut open his head and ate his pea sized brain.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:25
Regular
See, I just disagree with there being no need for any console except a Cube, it's the console I play the least, I've got a PS2, Xbox and Cube.

Until some killer game comes out, it's not going to be on very much, Pikmin was the last game I spent quite a bit of time playing.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Hmm, add something in the GTA ballpark and there's no need for any
> console but a cube

I agree, especially as we're getting GT Cube. GTA with GBA link-up would be brilliant.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:08
Regular
Totally agree, skill comes in different shapes and forms, and having a very narrow game where the possible solution is obvious but the only obstacle is your lack of experience at manipulating a 3d camera to get the best possible view for a jump which can usually only be performed in a single way just doesn't rock my boat.

Whoever decided to have those ghosts in Mario which appear, circle you, then try to knock you off of very high ledges needs their block knocked off. If it was Shigsy's idea, he should have spent much, much more time trying to get the 3D programmers to get the camera better, it hinders the game so much because of the very nature of the style.

I'm very much heading towards online gaming at the moment. Be it FPS shooters, MMORPGs, or Sports games, I just can't find anything better than playing real people.

Maybe it's the insight to what actually makes a game that's changing my opinions on what actually makes a good game and deserves respect, but in my opinion Nintendo's games have been, very, very simple.

Pikmin merits a distinction because it was such a brave and fantastically realised game, everything else just seems a little shallow.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:03
Regular
I like games that involve strategyand forward thinking but I also like more relaxed, skillful games like Mario.

Variety is the spice of life.....apparently
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:58
Regular
Poor gamer?? Is there anything worth doing that game that doesn't only take about 60 seconds?? Emmm, obsessively collecting every signle gold and blue coin is just not my idea of good gaming, that's just something to keep Mario freaks happy. If anything else takes longer than a minute or two, you have some serious problems, the game just isn't difficult enough to warrant it.

I'm playing through Halo just now, at the bit where you have to follow the funny little flying thing up to the Index, on the second hardest difficulty level. I can't move 5 feet without having to take on more and more diseased freaks, it just rocks, continuous challenge to keep a battery of different guns close enough to take on any situation.

It's a challenge, but maybe I;ve just got to the stage where I'd rather play a game which invloves a little strategy, and a little thought, rather than a game which needs me to perfectly time a jump or I'll die from falling miles away.

Halo is by far the best game of last year, simply for the fact that it has less cut scenes than MGS2. Splinter Cell is the next game on my list of
challenges.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bonus wrote:
>> There was just no suspense in OOT, nothing worth playing it for a
> couple of hours every day. Mario Sunshine is exactly the same,
> uninspired at the fundamental level, but it gets away with it because
> most levels only last about 60 seconds unless you keep falling off of
> a platform which requires reflexes over simple logic.

FF7 was very good. But nothing to Zelda. Nowt at all. Zelda was beautiful for its time. You could just sit there and look at the sun passing. Then go and lop off an enemies head in the fantastic battle system.

Mario Sunshine rules. The levels last 60 seconds? You really are a poor gamer then......
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:51
Regular
I played Pikmin, once, and it;s class.

An absoluetly inspirational gaming experience, I loved it, once. Couldn't be bothered playing it a second time though.

I liekd Pikmin so much, that it's one of the main inspirations behind my Playstation game coursework I need to make by may. I have to hand in my completed design document tomorrow, then the work starts. A game crossed between Alien Breed from the Amiga, and Pikmin, it will rock ;)

PS I'm studying Computer Games Technology at uni :P
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:49
Regular
The game sucked, by the way :D

Not my cup of cocoa at all. Final Fantasy VII was the game which just showed it up at every possible opportunity.

OOT was very simplistic, very basic and very, very bland.

It looked bland, and overall it played bland.

I got rave reviews whereever it went, and that really got my back up.

It didn't really do anything wrong, other than the fact that it was a boring game to play. Only people slavishly devoted to straining their eyes on blurry graphics and taxing their brain on how to walk from one end of the field to the other without falling asleep when you were young, liked this game.

I was much, much more content at picking up Goldeneye and having fun, straight away, or playing final fantasy where the story changed from what you thought was true every 2 seconds, it kept my very short attention span focused on different things all the time.

There was just no suspense in OOT, nothing worth playing it for a couple of hours every day. Mario Sunshine is exactly the same, uninspired at the fundamental level, but it gets away with it because most levels only last about 60 seconds unless you keep falling off of a platform which requires reflexes over simple logic.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:46
Regular
I've come to a simple, yet satisfactory, conclusion;

You suck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.