GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Miyamoto working on a Metal Gear Solid game?!?!?!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
Taken from gamesradar:

"Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Could this be the best thing ever?
Thu 27/02/03 at 17:10
Regular
Quote your reference for that in a upstanding a viable trade newspaper/website and look at their positions in the stock market respectively, only a fool would compare the Microsoft and Sony corporations to Nintendo.
Thu 27/02/03 at 17:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Does Bonus realise that Nintendo are making more porift out of the games industry than Microsoft and Sony?
Thu 27/02/03 at 17:05
Regular
I own all 3 console, yet I'm still classed a fanboy for expressing my opinion that from a business sense Nintendo have screwed up their marketing image of the Gamecube, and the GBA.

That's why the GBA is getting a major redesign to be released next month.

Buy and Xbox for Xbox Live, buy a PS2 for the best single player games available, and buy a Gamecube for Nintendo's own style and class.

That's what I beleieve, and that's what I did.
Thu 27/02/03 at 17:00
What about Ape Escape 2? That has soul to the extreme.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:57
Regular
I'd sooner poke myself in the eye with a knitting kneedle that buy a PS2, I have no intrest in the souless gaming experiences that the PS2 offers.

Xbox on the other hand I would buy if I had enough time to spend on it to make it a worthwhile purchase.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:54
That's about right. Buy all the consoles (except the Xbox)!
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:51
Regular
Yeah, can you say it;s not true??

I'm sure the Gamecube is selling massivly well because they have a very, very high public following because of it's image.

At the end of the day, this industry is all about making money, the amount of crap games on all p;atforms shows that, the fact that the gamecube isn't selling well means that the gamecube is not likely to have publishers taking risks and throwing out games which push boundaries and try to take on Nintendo's own in-house parties. This in turn degrades the quality of the Gamecube experience further, because the best games from other systems will only be released as ports if they sell in massive figures.

Quite simply by owning a Gamecube as your only console is severly limiting your experience as a gamer adn will only narrow your opinions further by being sucked into a hole where the be all and end all are Nintendo or companies who declare as much loyalties to Ninetndo as the idiots who fail to realise that there is a whole world out there full of cultures and experiences just waiting to be transferred into gaming experiences!!
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:33
Regular
Balls, you're a grade A cockface.

Bonus wrote:
>That's all because the Gamecube sucks, quite simply.

My, what a well thought out opinion, or maybe you're just another cretinous fanboy loser.

>The Gamecube has, pretty colours and "cute" discs. Have Nintendo not >realised that outside of their core fanbase, their image stinks? How >many people 20+ want to have a modern, contemporary styled flat, with a >purple Gamecube sitting near their TV?? Not many, the Xbox fits in with >the expensive stereo seperates and DVD player style, and the PS2 has the >Sony name on it, style is everything, even Britney wouldn't be seen dead >with a Gamecube.

Conclusion, you're a
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:29
Regular
Striped man, calm down.

He doesn't like Cube very much, it's not that bigger deal.
Thu 27/02/03 at 16:28
Regular
Yeah, yeah, fanboy, fanboy, fanboy, who actually owns a Cube.

You rule man!! :D

How many time have I got to say that the Gamecube isn't a bad console. Nintendo haven't accomodated shallow people who buy products on image, that's why there sales are struggling, that's what I said in Chat, that's what I'll say anywhere.

Now that the GBA has had a revamp and looks "cool" I bet it will sell more in it's new form than in it's old form, even though it's exactly the same thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.