GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Miyamoto working on a Metal Gear Solid game?!?!?!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
Taken from gamesradar:

"Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Could this be the best thing ever?
Thu 27/02/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Taken from gamesradar:

"Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Could this be the best thing ever?
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Totoro wrote:
> Could this be the best thing ever?

Yes.
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
MGS on GC would be great, an all new MGS game would be even better - but one made by Shigsy, well words cant even describe what that would be.
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:46
Regular
Hmm, add something in the GTA ballpark and there's no need for any console but a cube

:^)
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nah. We don't need GTA.

A MGS game would certainly help it.

And with Miyamoto. Oh dear god!

:)
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
The cube needs a proper good racer like Gran turismo then there'd be no need for PS2
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'We just got off the phone with Nintendo of Europe!

We just got off the phone with Nintendo of Europe and we are pleased to be able to report that they have confirmed there is indeed a Metal Gear Solid in development for the Nintendo GameCube.

The Nintendo spokesperson we talked to said: "I can confirm that Nintendo is working with Konami on Metal Gear Solid for the GameCube."

The fact that Nintendo is working together with Konami on this new Metal Gear Solid game could mean that the game is exclusive for the Nitendo GameCube. It could also confirm that yesterday's rumours are true - that there will be a GC-GBA connectivity feature.

Unfortunately our contact could not tell us any specific details on the title. We will keep you updated!'

Cube-europe.

Looking good.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:05
Regular
pfffffttt

MGS is far, far off being one of the best games ever, it's over rated but yes, it is good news. It would help raise the GC's profile.

However if it's like MGS2 I doubt I would get it, hopefully with Shigsy doing it there will be less cutscenes and irritating codec moments and much, much more focus on gameplay.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, I'm getting it.

Yes. Less cut scenes, more neck breaking.
Thu 27/02/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
MGS and Sons of Liberty are the best thing in the world ever until you finish them then its, like, whats the point?, why should I sit and watch cutscenes that Ive already seen before?
There is very little game in terms of length once you skip the cutscenes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.