GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to give a number of Ninties a heart attack..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
Well one way might be to say something that I'm about to say...

I'm thinking of picking up a GC as soon as tomorrow.
A couple that haven't stopped breathing might now be thinking "why the change of heart ?"

The most obvious reason is that I have flu right now so chances are its the words of a sick bloke ranting.

The other is that I've been laying in bed thinking back to games I played such as Metroid and Zelda and how there are times I'd like to play them again (but of course in they're new forms). Afterall, at the end of the day I am a gamer, not a fanboy and I've grown up with Nintendo games.

I might also look into a Gameboy Advance SP towards the end of the month with some of the classic Snes games that are out or coming out.

If I get a GC, this is what I'm thinking of grabbing...
Black GC
Extra controller (black of course)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Mario Sunshine
Advanced scart lead (for best pic and sound quality)

Then of course I'll pick up Metroid Prime and Zelda as they come out. Don't need a memory card as I have the one from when I had the GC before. Anyway, thats the current thing going through my head.
Blame my credit card taunting me while I'm ill for this happening.
Right, well I'm off to ponder more on this and decide on how I'm going to pay for it all if I decide to go shopping tomorrow.
Page:
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:10
"The Will of D."
So what are the special moves like then? So that means all the pokemon can have up to 6 moves (including the move once you run out of all the pp), that is so cool!

I'll just have to wait until July then.
Wed 16/04/03 at 01:06
Regular
Got Ruby today, excellent game :D

Got to grips with the new stuff pretty sharpish, I'm glad to see my prayers have been answered!

After the release of G/S I said they should give each Pokemon a special ability, one that doesn't take up a move slot and can be activated anytime, to make the cack Pokemon no one uses more appealing, and they've done it!

So far I've played for 2:30 hours, and I've caught nine Pokemon and have the first gym badge.

I've got:

Torchic - lvl 13
Shroomish - lvl 13
Wingull - lvl 10
Taillow - lvl 9
[Wurmple] Cascoon - lvl 8
Poochyena - lvl 7

And in the PC:

Whismur - lvl 6
Zigzagoon - lvl 6

SP should arrive tommorow :D
Tue 15/04/03 at 22:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You get to use 3 pokemon and so far the prizes have been things like protein or carbos, etc. Pretty cack considering I'm at the point where I'm buying these things in bulk now. ;-))
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:51
"The Will of D."
But it was a waste of time though if you don't win anything good or even a few experience points, why did they ever put it in the game in the first place?
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:49
Regular
The Battle Tower in Pokemon Crystal was very hard.

I didn't manage to win a prize once.
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:48
"The Will of D."
So it is exactly like the battles in Crystal, but do you get to have all 6 pokemon or just 3?
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:47
"The Will of D."
But what are the prizes?
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No experience points, no money, not even additions to the pokedex if you go against a pokemon you haven't seen before. What you tend to get is a crappy prize after beating 7 trainers in a row. I think the prizes are supposed to get better as your winning streak increases though.
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:31
"The Will of D."
Supposedly the 1st of july.
Mon 14/04/03 at 22:30
"The Will of D."
What are the competitions about, and what do you win once you beat the Level 100 competition? Oh and do you get experience points from it as well, since in Crystal they had a competition for only level 50 and they never gave off experience points.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.