GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to give a number of Ninties a heart attack..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
Well one way might be to say something that I'm about to say...

I'm thinking of picking up a GC as soon as tomorrow.
A couple that haven't stopped breathing might now be thinking "why the change of heart ?"

The most obvious reason is that I have flu right now so chances are its the words of a sick bloke ranting.

The other is that I've been laying in bed thinking back to games I played such as Metroid and Zelda and how there are times I'd like to play them again (but of course in they're new forms). Afterall, at the end of the day I am a gamer, not a fanboy and I've grown up with Nintendo games.

I might also look into a Gameboy Advance SP towards the end of the month with some of the classic Snes games that are out or coming out.

If I get a GC, this is what I'm thinking of grabbing...
Black GC
Extra controller (black of course)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Mario Sunshine
Advanced scart lead (for best pic and sound quality)

Then of course I'll pick up Metroid Prime and Zelda as they come out. Don't need a memory card as I have the one from when I had the GC before. Anyway, thats the current thing going through my head.
Blame my credit card taunting me while I'm ill for this happening.
Right, well I'm off to ponder more on this and decide on how I'm going to pay for it all if I decide to go shopping tomorrow.
Page:
Mon 05/05/03 at 18:02
"The Will of D."
I am really far into Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age (but I suppose nobody cares about it anymore) and have gotten almost all the djinn in the game.
My party are all level 40 and the original GS party are at level 55.
In the later parts of the game the enemies give off way more experience points than that in the Venus lighthouse!
Sat 03/05/03 at 17:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
23rd.
Sat 03/05/03 at 16:47
"The Will of D."
Does anyone remember when Skies of Arcadia: Legends come out? I know it's sometime in the next couple of weeks but I'm unsure.
Fri 02/05/03 at 21:20
Regular
"No Way"
Good choice of games. SM Sunshine is great fun, and Zelda is beyond words!
Fri 02/05/03 at 00:25
Regular
Dont know about you (i know the Zelda craze is going on) but i'm kinda looking forward to Skies of Arcadia Legends. I somehow managed to miss it on the good old DC.
Sat 26/04/03 at 17:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmm, I already get the feeling that I'll be taking advantage of that trade in that puts me in a great position of getting more than I paid. ;-))

Meh - if its crud then it can be used to knock a lump off the price for Zelda or maybe Tenchu. ;-)
Sat 26/04/03 at 17:12
Regular
How does buying the Getaway ever result in a happy outcome?

I suggest you have a bath after every time you play the game.

Well that gets the slating of teh Getaway out of the way.

:D
Sat 26/04/03 at 17:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Bit late for that mate - I have all the consoles now and my card can't be far from its limit. ;-))
Sat 26/04/03 at 17:04
Regular
I've got an idea to stop you from being weak... give me all your money.
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And the pathetic slavery to the games industry continues for me. I went to Basildon to send off mg gf's birthday presents and somehow managed to come back with a PS2, GTA: Vice City, The Getaway and an official memory card. So now I have all 3 consoles plus the GBA SP. I know I'm weak, but at least its weak with a happy outcome. ;-))

Me thinks I better start doing some damn good GAD attempts now if I wanna get some games over the next few months. Other than that its gonna be a case of trading some old games in. Not too much of a problem at the moment cause I have a bunch of XBox titles I can shed. I'm really just looking at sticking to "major" titles for the consoles rather than shelling out on any old crap that comes out.

I know some will instantly slate the Getaway cause I've already seen some comments against it floating around the forums here, but with the package I got I only paid like £10 for the game and I was told quickly that if I don't like it, I can bring it in and get more for trading it in than what I originally paid so it won't hurt to try the game out. :-)
Should definatly be kept happy now till Friday when Zelda comes out. ;-)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.