GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to give a number of Ninties a heart attack..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
Well one way might be to say something that I'm about to say...

I'm thinking of picking up a GC as soon as tomorrow.
A couple that haven't stopped breathing might now be thinking "why the change of heart ?"

The most obvious reason is that I have flu right now so chances are its the words of a sick bloke ranting.

The other is that I've been laying in bed thinking back to games I played such as Metroid and Zelda and how there are times I'd like to play them again (but of course in they're new forms). Afterall, at the end of the day I am a gamer, not a fanboy and I've grown up with Nintendo games.

I might also look into a Gameboy Advance SP towards the end of the month with some of the classic Snes games that are out or coming out.

If I get a GC, this is what I'm thinking of grabbing...
Black GC
Extra controller (black of course)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Mario Sunshine
Advanced scart lead (for best pic and sound quality)

Then of course I'll pick up Metroid Prime and Zelda as they come out. Don't need a memory card as I have the one from when I had the GC before. Anyway, thats the current thing going through my head.
Blame my credit card taunting me while I'm ill for this happening.
Right, well I'm off to ponder more on this and decide on how I'm going to pay for it all if I decide to go shopping tomorrow.
Page:
Thu 17/04/03 at 22:31
"The Will of D."
Savatt78 wrote:
> Apparently its random - depending on the time of day. :-)

Or it could have evolved just the same way Tyrogue did, Defence was high so it evolved nto Hitmonchan, Offensive it went to Hitmonlee, and equal it evolved into Hitmontop.

Or it is just like Eevee and evolves into the Dark and Psychic ones because it is loved and it is either Daytime, or night time.
Thu 17/04/03 at 21:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Apparently its random - depending on the time of day. :-)
Thu 17/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
I know that, I'm trying to figure out what factors lead it to evolve into each one :D
Thu 17/04/03 at 21:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes - The reason you have spaces inbetween the evolutions is because Wurmple evolves into 2 different possible cacoons which both lead to seperate bug evolutions. ;-)

Fox - I have 2 pokemon at level 100 already because I'm a pokemon druggie and I've already clocked up 102 hours on the game. ;-)) This will no doubt increase by a load over the Easter weekend. ;-)
At the moment I'm looking to build up a squad of pokemon to level 75 with various ability effects to go hunting for legendary pokemon. ;-)
Thu 17/04/03 at 11:01
"The Will of D."
How did you manage to get your pokemon up to level 100 already?
Thu 17/04/03 at 01:12
Regular
Heh, I noticed he was holding a rare candy.

I've got about 15 Pokemon and I'm already having trouble deciding what I want to use :\

At the moment I'm trying to figure out the mystery of those Wurmples.

My wurmple evolved into a Cascoo, but in the Pokedex it goes:

Wurmple
-------
-------
Cascoon

Then it evolved again and I saw some new Pokemon so now it goes:

Wurmple
Silcoon
-------
Cascoon
Dextus (or something)

I'm guessing it's probably something to do with stats, a higher attack evolves it into Cascoon and higher defense evolves it into Silcoon. I thought it might be gender but that didn't proove to be the case.

The Dextus thing is great though, I beat the second gym leader just using his confusion attack, and he was only level 10.
Thu 17/04/03 at 00:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes - do yourself a favour and walk around with Zigzagoon in your team. As you go through the game, stop and check to see if he's holding something. Basically he grabs stuff for you as you walk around. Sometimes you might get something like a super potion, other times you'll get stuff like a nugget, ultra ball, rare candy or even something like a pp up.
So overall he's a great little guy to have with you as you start out.

Haven't started my Ruby game yet, I'm still working towards hunting down the rest of the legendary pokemon in Sapphire. Have too many pokemon to do a list with their levels and stuff. My Kyogre and Swampert are both level 100 now though. ;-)
Wed 16/04/03 at 17:16
"The Will of D."
Cool, just like Psyhics cannot had Dark types with any Psychic move.
Wed 16/04/03 at 14:55
Regular
Well for example the Taillow has an ability the prevents moves that incur a loss of acurracy, another Pokemon has an ability called 'Soundproof'; which makes it invlunerable to moves that use sound, such as Supersonic and Uproar.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:22
"Uzi Lover"
I want Ruby.

importmadness.com have it at £22.99, that place ok to buy from? Could be best to buy there too at that price, over her it rockets up to about 30 quid or more. But will it cost me more with all the tax and stuff they make you pay when it gets here?

Hmmm
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.