GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to give a number of Ninties a heart attack..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
Well one way might be to say something that I'm about to say...

I'm thinking of picking up a GC as soon as tomorrow.
A couple that haven't stopped breathing might now be thinking "why the change of heart ?"

The most obvious reason is that I have flu right now so chances are its the words of a sick bloke ranting.

The other is that I've been laying in bed thinking back to games I played such as Metroid and Zelda and how there are times I'd like to play them again (but of course in they're new forms). Afterall, at the end of the day I am a gamer, not a fanboy and I've grown up with Nintendo games.

I might also look into a Gameboy Advance SP towards the end of the month with some of the classic Snes games that are out or coming out.

If I get a GC, this is what I'm thinking of grabbing...
Black GC
Extra controller (black of course)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Mario Sunshine
Advanced scart lead (for best pic and sound quality)

Then of course I'll pick up Metroid Prime and Zelda as they come out. Don't need a memory card as I have the one from when I had the GC before. Anyway, thats the current thing going through my head.
Blame my credit card taunting me while I'm ill for this happening.
Right, well I'm off to ponder more on this and decide on how I'm going to pay for it all if I decide to go shopping tomorrow.
Page:
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well one way might be to say something that I'm about to say...

I'm thinking of picking up a GC as soon as tomorrow.
A couple that haven't stopped breathing might now be thinking "why the change of heart ?"

The most obvious reason is that I have flu right now so chances are its the words of a sick bloke ranting.

The other is that I've been laying in bed thinking back to games I played such as Metroid and Zelda and how there are times I'd like to play them again (but of course in they're new forms). Afterall, at the end of the day I am a gamer, not a fanboy and I've grown up with Nintendo games.

I might also look into a Gameboy Advance SP towards the end of the month with some of the classic Snes games that are out or coming out.

If I get a GC, this is what I'm thinking of grabbing...
Black GC
Extra controller (black of course)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Mario Sunshine
Advanced scart lead (for best pic and sound quality)

Then of course I'll pick up Metroid Prime and Zelda as they come out. Don't need a memory card as I have the one from when I had the GC before. Anyway, thats the current thing going through my head.
Blame my credit card taunting me while I'm ill for this happening.
Right, well I'm off to ponder more on this and decide on how I'm going to pay for it all if I decide to go shopping tomorrow.
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Festivus!"
Well done Savvy - I always knew some-one as wise as you couldn't resist Nintendo's big box of tricks for long...

I still don't feel in anyway attracted towards the X-Box though

And buy it from Dixons - £99 plus a free game (Super Mario Sunshine if you wish)
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:15
Regular
*Dances*

Yay, Another XB-Ninty on the scene!

Resident Evil is a must, It scary as hell.
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*Has a heart attack*
*Realises its just indigestion*
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:17
"The Will of D."
Well you only have to wait until next friday for Metroid Prime, and they are planning to bring out one of those game Packs which features metroid Prime, a Gamecube, a controller, and one of those circular metroid picture thingys that go in the top of the gamecube, for only £120. You can then buy the other games when they come out and when you like.
So it would be more cost effective to do it this way.
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:29
"For the horde!!!!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Well one way might be to say something that I'm about to say...
>
> I'm thinking of picking up a GC as soon as tomorrow.

I see another is seeing the light just like I did :)
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:33
Regular
Get it from Dixons with Mario Sunshine for £99.99. Resident Evil is only about £25.00 too, maybe £20.00 if you shop around. I'd get Resident Evil Zero first though. Firstly, because it's a prequel. Secondly, because Resident Evil will be even more down in price when you finish Zero. And thirdly, you'll only play through one at one time - so two would be pointless.

Erm.. you'll want to get Super Smash Bros. Melee too - best fighter ever. I know you're into that kind of thing. Rogue Leader's worth a look, as is Eternal Darkness. A wavebird's always worth it too.
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good sav.

:)
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:36
"The Will of D."
I don't think any of the Star Wars games are any good nowadays, they've gone done in quality as the graphics on them improve.
Wed 12/03/03 at 21:37
Regular
Rogue Leader and Jedi Knight II are class. Knights Of The Old Republic and Galaxies look amazing too.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.