GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula One 2011 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/05/11 at 23:51
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Hi all,

Thought it would be nice to hear peoples thoughts on this years Formula One season, so decided to make a new thread for the topic.
Sun 10/07/11 at 22:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Don't bother pete...waste of time and effort ....at least it's now being discussed where it should be .....

.... but perhaps I've missed the point again, Garin? :¬)
Sun 10/07/11 at 22:06
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
pete_21 wrote:
Just watched the highlights on the BBC website and there's a couple of things I didn't really get.

The guy who is 2nd in the world championship was today instructed not to race the guy leading it with only half the season gone? If that is the case are you F1 fans OK with this?

Looked to me like multiple F1 world champion and dirty cheating git Schumacher just lost the rear of his car braking and tagged some dude whose name I can't remember.Why does he get a stop/go for that? Is that not classed a racing incident?

There are countless arguements for/against what happened with the team orders. Red Bull Racing fans are certainly not happy, juding by their reactions on their website though. Having said that, I think what happened to Ferrari in Germany 2010 had a much harsher reaction.

Schumacher tagged Kobayashi. BBC commentators had fun debating about that incident! One arguement (out of many) is that the stewards want to be consistant with the penalties they give. They gave Lewis Hamilton a simular penalty in Monaco for hitting a few drivers. Schumacher was given the penalty of a stop and go, because of the short-ish pit-lane. The new layout and speed limit meant that a drive through would not...do much...as you exit by the 2nd/3rd corner. (Could go on for ages about that, but that's one example)

Of course the stewards (lucky things) have a stupid amount of camera angles and other data to judge whether or not Schumacher should get a penalty. Found the idea of Schumacher paying for his own front wings quite funny. Speaking of penalties. McLaren and Sauber were fined for both of their unsafe pit-stop releases.
Sun 10/07/11 at 21:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just watched the highlights on the BBC website and there's a couple of things I didn't really get.

The guy who is 2nd in the world championship was today instructed not to race the guy leading it with only half the season gone? If that is the case are you F1 fans OK with this?

Looked to me like multiple F1 world champion and dirty cheating git Schumacher just lost the rear of his car braking and tagged some dude whose name I can't remember.Why does he get a stop/go for that? Is that not classed a racing incident?
Sun 10/07/11 at 20:02
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Dragonlance wrote:
Ah...so this is where F1 should be discussed ....

Yes, appologies. I didn't realise saying: "Also looking forward to watching the Silverstone Grand Prix too!" Would start such a debate on the General Chat wall. Was interesting to read all your thoughts though!

There were quite a few of pit-stop blunders. Kobayashi driving into the Force India's pit box was unexpected. DiResta almost being given the wrong tyres. Then again Kobayashi did have a busy weekend, with crashing in FP1 and the race inccident with Michael. That's what we love about him though, having such high fighting spirits!

Have to agree the camera shot of Button suddenly driving to the side was horrible. Then finding out why... and Lewis being so low on fuel thanks to a failed tactic. Not a very good weekend for Mclaren! (or Team Lotus) Not sure what I think of the Red Bull team orders situation yet, but huge congratulations for Daniel Ricciardo for finishing his first Grand Prix in the Hispania.
Sun 10/07/11 at 19:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ah...so this is where F1 should be discussed ....
Sun 10/07/11 at 19:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
I was so annoyed when they screwed up Vettel's back left tyre on that pitstop. Him and Alonso would've had a battle until the flag I'm sure of it! Massa was very unlucky to not take Hamilton. Really don't like Hamilton anymore. Liked him a few seasons back, but he's such a whingy little thing. Nothing is ever his fault according to him.

Thought Button was very gracious for what was a amateur error from the Red Bull pit crew. Kobayashi didn't have a great time either, being taken out by shoe-maker and then getting a penalty himself.

Overall, I don't think any driver can complain, well maybe Jenson Button can. Hamilton did well considering his awful qualifying sessions. It was fitting for Alonso to slow Vettel down a bit in the championship, taking on board his comments on how Vettel was running away with it. Webber and Vettel will obviously be happy filling the other places of the podium. Massa can be slightly dissapointed he didn't get past Hamilton earlier.
Sun 10/07/11 at 16:13
"possibly impossible"
Gutting.

I mean the Button pit incident, obviously. The race in general was fantastic. The whole Massa Hamilton scrap on the last lap, the Button move against Massa on the inside, Alonso making that break from the pits before Vettel.

Great stuff.
Sun 10/07/11 at 15:42
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
So...who wants to discuss Silverstone?
Mon 20/06/11 at 22:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
pb wrote:
Those figures are from the papers, not the most accurate. As with the cost of the race as well.

Most viewing figures for sporting events use the peak figure, so it's a good indication across the board. For instance, the World Cup final on BBC got 17.9m viewers at peak.

So it looks like the entire report was basically b******ks then?
Mon 20/06/11 at 18:44
"possibly impossible"
Those figures are from the papers, not the most accurate. As with the cost of the race as well.

Most viewing figures for sporting events use the peak figure, so it's a good indication across the board. For instance, the World Cup final on BBC got 17.9m viewers at peak.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.