GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula One 2011 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/05/11 at 23:51
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Hi all,

Thought it would be nice to hear peoples thoughts on this years Formula One season, so decided to make a new thread for the topic.
Sun 22/05/11 at 23:51
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Hi all,

Thought it would be nice to hear peoples thoughts on this years Formula One season, so decided to make a new thread for the topic.
Mon 23/05/11 at 00:09
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Continuing from what was said in the General Chat thread...

Thought todays race in Spain was quite good! The problem in Turkey was that the DRS zone (removable wing speed boost) was far too long, and made over-taking way too easy. So the defending car was pretty much powerless if he still wanted to keep his front wing. Wheras the zone in Spain was pretty pointless.(ish) It meant we didn't have around the 80 overtakes as last race, but made over-taking more of a challenge as shown by the last laps. Pretty intense!

We also had our first crashes of the year. (I think) Granted Heikki and Felipe took themselves out with a mistake and mechanical issue, but it's impressive so far that no great damage has been done in the races. (Compared to another Motorsport beginning with G.) Was nice to see the teams at the back on the screen more too, so hopefully over-taking will improve in Monaco. Oh wait...

Look forward to what other people have to say!
Mon 23/05/11 at 15:43
"possibly impossible"
Agree that the DRS Zone was way too short and in the wrong place in Spain.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that they should scrap the zones and have it available all the time, which would allow for more overtaking generally.

Red Bull really need to get their KERS sorted out too. It's ok while they have the advantage, but all the teams are still making changes to the cars and it may well be needed very soon.

Also, those 4 who got caught out with speeding in the yellow flags were lucky to just get reprimanded. Hopefully, though, it's enough to make them think about slowing down in those situations.
Sat 28/05/11 at 14:56
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Hope Sergio Perez is okay!
Fri 10/06/11 at 14:12
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
This weekend could be interesting with LeMans and a wet F1 race in Canada expected. Means the two DRS zones may not happen, but atleast we should get to see how the tyres are in the wet. Plus there is something special about Canda, though it makes me miss Robert Kubica terribly.
Sun 12/06/11 at 23:31
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Why do I get the impression I'm going to be talking to myself on this thread a lot? xD

So...anyone else watch the full Canadian GP?
Mon 13/06/11 at 00:31
"possibly impossible"
I missed the half after the red flag because I had to sort out the children's tea and then the move to BBC2 meant that it didn't record that part. By the time I found out what had happened it was too late and I just caught the end.

Still, what an ending. Also the longest F1 race in history too.
Mon 13/06/11 at 07:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
I was gutted at the start. It's my favourite track.

But once it got going, what a race!!!

Few talking points (eg. Webber Hamilton).

So much stuff happened, and the amount of reviews taken!
Mon 13/06/11 at 11:33
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Yeah my friend had the same issue, but thankfully the highlights are still up somewhere. Anyone should be proud to say that they watchted it either live or reply ,was such a great race, though I imagine there was a large rush back to the airport afterwards.

Trying to remember everything that happened is actually quite hard. Got to say Martin and David (if following BBC) did well to fill in all the time though. Very suspense with the tyre changes and then enabled DRS system. Action all the way up to the chequered flag- minus the red flag.
Mon 20/06/11 at 12:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
Read over the weekend that BBC might be dropping their F1 coverage after next season? Not sure how much truth there is in it but thought I would mention it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.