GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula One 2011 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/05/11 at 23:51
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Hi all,

Thought it would be nice to hear peoples thoughts on this years Formula One season, so decided to make a new thread for the topic.
Mon 11/07/11 at 13:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
I find it acceptable in different circumstances. I agree if a driver is told not to over take their team mate in the last lap or two. Anything more than that (depending on the gap between the two drivers), there is no need for orders.

But at the end of the day, I don't care who wins the constructor's title, I only care about the driver's championships. The constructor's title is an absolute farce of who has the most money ultimately..
Mon 11/07/11 at 13:01
Regular
"How Ironic"
HiddenWingz wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]The famous Ferrari orders are the ones that should be frowned upon; when it's blatent fixing.

2002 or 2010?[/i]

2010, when Massa was told that Alonso was faster. I was so annoyed at that. If Alonso was faster, he would have, and should have, had to get past Massa like everyone else had to.
Mon 11/07/11 at 16:59
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I find it acceptable in different circumstances. I agree if a driver is told not to over take their team mate in the last lap or two. Anything more than that (depending on the gap between the two drivers), there is no need for orders.

Doesn't look like Webber thought it was acceptable Chris.

I found this bit of the article interesting though :

''While F1 Communications saw fit to broadcast one order from the RBR pitwall, it later transpired that Webber had been told several times not to race Vettel, despite the fact that the German held a commanding 77-point advantage over the field going into the ninth round of the season''

Anyway what the hell am I still doing on the F1 thread?!?
Mon 11/07/11 at 19:11
Regular
"How Ironic"
Webber had no choice in the matter really when it comes down to it. If he attempted the overtake, he would have either taken 2nd and not made any difference in the driver's championship, or he would've taken both him and Vettel out and let the Ferraris take 2 podium places. All that was lost is a bit of personal pride on Webber's part. As I said, regardless of the orders, he wouldn't have gotten past Vettel anyway, so he has nothing to be annoyed about.
Mon 11/07/11 at 19:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Anyway what the hell am I still doing on the F1 thread?!?

That remains to be seen .... turncoat ha ha :¬D
Mon 11/07/11 at 20:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dragonlance wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
[i]Anyway what the hell am I still doing on the F1 thread?!?

That remains to be seen .... turncoat ha ha :¬D[/i]

Ha ha,I'm hardly a turncoat DL all I really seem to have done is annoy most of the F1 fans on here even more than I usually do merely by attempting to understand their sport.The good news is that it only took a 10 minute highlights clip for me to totally get it.

1. If any driver tries to race anybody without using their super speedy wing power up or turbo boost button they will probably get a penalty if it doesn't go to plan.

2. No Red Bull driver may attempt to race another Red Bull driver if that driver is German and has a pretty much unassailable lead in the drivers championship.

3.The FIA can take bits off any cars at any point of the season unless Ferrari want to put them back on again in which case a massive U-turn will occur.

4. Even though F1 pit crews train to the highest level imaginable Vettel & Button would probably have been better off calling in at the local Kwik Fit on Sunday.

''The pinnacle of motorsport'',where do I sign up? :)
Mon 11/07/11 at 21:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Not a turncoat pete! Absolutely brilliant....ha ha :¬D (I watched the 10 minute highlights aswell (not being interested, of course). But you missed one important bit ...

4. DL's quick one-stop garage just down the road from Silverstone....we were waiting, wheel wrenches in hand :¬)
Mon 11/07/11 at 21:48
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Mon 11/07/11 at 22:23
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Never mind pete, you could also be a 'twink' or a 'munchkin' :¬)
Mon 11/07/11 at 22:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
Garin wrote:
pete_21

Haha unbelievable that it is a genuine term.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.