GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Confirmed for Xbox + More!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:30
Regular
Taken from E3:

"id Software and Activision confirmed this morning that id Software's DOOM 3 is in fact coming to the Xbox and that the demo of the PC version would be on display at Activision's booth (booth #1224 in the South Hall) beginning May 14th. Built using id Software's new cutting-edge 3D graphics engine, DOOM 3 draws players into a terrifying and riveting 3D gaming. A specific release date for id's horror filled first-person shooter was not disclosed at press time but one can imagine that it will be released when it's done. Look to GameSpy for more information on both versions from the show floor later this week!"

This was announced THIS morning and it will be an Xbox exclusive title. Won't come close to Halo 2 but I am VERY excited about seeing more about this game over the coming months. On top of this new screens of Deus EX 2 have been shown so if Mav is reading this then go to:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1000014899/

(Remove Space)

On top of this Counter Strike is shaping up to be as good as the PC version and for the E3 previews I have read they were VERY impressed with how it has shaped up. Then there are some new Project Gotham Racing 2 screens at:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1001529/

(Remove Space)

Its shaping up to be graphically revolutionary and if the gameplay stays the same as the first then this will be something of Halo 2 proportions (perhaps not that big).

What does everyone think of whats on offer?
Wed 14/05/03 at 01:07
Regular
I've seen the Xbox Doom 3 footage from the conference and I gotta say, it looks nothing like Doom in the slightest. But it does looks like a bloody amazing game, oozing with atmosphere and some truely sweet graphics.

Definetly one to mark on the list as a must buy.
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:57
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Was the Doom 3 stuff Xbox footage or just PC anyway?
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:36
Regular
Cheers WS I will have a read through it now and check out the screen shots. This game is totally new to me as this is the first I have actually heard of it! I will definitley look into this further, cheers.

Cheers Mantis I am reading every bit of Halo 2 information I can get because I am a big FPS fan and a big Halo fan. With what WS has given me that is another FPS game to look forward to. All these FPS games will be released within the next 15 months and if you actually look at the titles on offer for both the Xbox and GameCube in this genre it looks like it could be the greatest 15 months the FPS genre has ever seen.
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Thats sounds pretty good, but I think the idea has been done before in something called Messiah.
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:30
Regular
Here:

Live from the conference Cube-Europe brings you first details on GEIST, a newly announced First-Person Adventure for the Nintendo GameCube, developed by Nintendo!

In the hallways, labs and chambers of a shadowy compound, an unseen power is lurking. As a ghostly Spectral Operative, players must search for a physical body, which is mysteriously being kept alive somewhere in the enormous complex. Players won't always be alone though--as they explore, they must collect the energies of indigenous spirits to help unravel a mystery and build their own power. Some will help ... but beware, for not all the spirits are friendly. Prepare for a first-person adventure with a spectral twist!

Nintendo just showed footage of this game at the conference. We will put up screens of this game in a little bit!

Here is a breakdown features:

Explore the compound as a ghost, then possess more than a dozen unique character types using their weapons, equipment, skills, and even memories, to complete your goals. Possessions range from soldiers with guns to dog- and mouse-like creatures that can perform specialized physical tasks.

Choose different characters and see the world in different ways.

Travel through the human world virtually unseen, using your abilities to slip through cracks, interfere with electronics, move objects and more. Face challenges from two unique angles--as a possessed human or a lurking spirit hunting its prey.

Prepare for death matches with the dead in all-new multiplayer modes that combine first-person combat with unique ghost and possession mechanics.

So it's a FPA, but it's much more FPS than Adventure, un-like Metroid. And the death match sounds great, I can't wait to see how the possesion ability is used in that. Perhaps you fight in an area with other civilians/soldiers etc. And you can use them all to win.

screenshots here:

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4397
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:23
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Please explain more as I am confused?

Nintendo are making a FPS.

Yes, Nintendo's first ever FPS.

You play as a ghost and you can posses loads of different types of people, who all have different skills, weapons, equipment ect. You can even take possesion of animals and stuff.

I'll find a link.
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Alastair, as you are obviously loving every snippet of Halo 2 info you can find, there was a Halo 2 thread at xbox365.com which contained apparantly the secrets that will be unvieled in OXM.

I remember someone saying pannels on the warthogs will be able to be blown off, and that ghosts' bonnets can be removed too, leaving just the engine underneth.

Lots of other cool little things too.
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:32
Regular
Please explain more as I am confused?
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Look into GEIST Alastair.

Looks pretty damn promising.

*shameless I am*
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:23
Regular
§niper wrote:
> If your talking about all X-Box games there but i doubt it :o

Read what I put. I said games to look forward to not games that are already out. I listed Metroid Prime 2 because that is one to look forward to in the future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.