GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Confirmed for Xbox + More!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:30
Regular
Taken from E3:

"id Software and Activision confirmed this morning that id Software's DOOM 3 is in fact coming to the Xbox and that the demo of the PC version would be on display at Activision's booth (booth #1224 in the South Hall) beginning May 14th. Built using id Software's new cutting-edge 3D graphics engine, DOOM 3 draws players into a terrifying and riveting 3D gaming. A specific release date for id's horror filled first-person shooter was not disclosed at press time but one can imagine that it will be released when it's done. Look to GameSpy for more information on both versions from the show floor later this week!"

This was announced THIS morning and it will be an Xbox exclusive title. Won't come close to Halo 2 but I am VERY excited about seeing more about this game over the coming months. On top of this new screens of Deus EX 2 have been shown so if Mav is reading this then go to:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1000014899/

(Remove Space)

On top of this Counter Strike is shaping up to be as good as the PC version and for the E3 previews I have read they were VERY impressed with how it has shaped up. Then there are some new Project Gotham Racing 2 screens at:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1001529/

(Remove Space)

Its shaping up to be graphically revolutionary and if the gameplay stays the same as the first then this will be something of Halo 2 proportions (perhaps not that big).

What does everyone think of whats on offer?
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:55
Regular
Probably missing the point. As a console game it is an Xbox exclusive. Like I said you ARE missing the point.
Sun 18/05/03 at 22:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Its Xbox exclusive.

Probably missing the point, but its not.

Like I said, probably missing it.
Sun 18/05/03 at 20:08
Regular
Whitestripes.

I (believe) you have a top spec PC? Well not everyone, including myself has a PC that can run todays games with smooth graphics and what not.

Thats why the Xbox is a great, its a console that does'nt require bits upgrading, patchs installed ect. Just take out the box, plug in and play, simple.

Don't get me wrong, I love PC games as much as Xbox games, but I cannot play 3-D games on mine cause it sucks. I enjoy playing RTS games like Red Alert 2 and Age of Empires.

Some games are better suited to the Xbox controller in my opinion.
Sun 18/05/03 at 13:21
Regular
Its Xbox exclusive. Grow up Nomino why would I try and fob you off? The more was referring to the links I gave to E3 Screenshots.
Sun 18/05/03 at 11:14
Regular
"8==="
its a vague title and i'm sure '+ more' refers to more games confirmed for xbox. Its the sort of thing that makes sense easily within the confines of a specific topic/discussion ie the xbox forum
Sun 18/05/03 at 09:26
Regular
"Doom 3 Confirmed for Xbox + More!"

So what other consoles has Doom III been confirmed for, as the title clearly states?

Don't try and fob it off by saying that the "More!" is referring to the PC, because this game was only ever in development for the PC at the beginning.
Sun 18/05/03 at 00:14
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I find FPSers not much better on PC in terms of controls. The mouse is great, but the keyboard is crap. The buttons are all messed up and its difficult to strafe/jump/open doors etc with one hard fumbling away with so many keys.

On a joypad every control is logically at your fingertips.

And twin anologue sticks arn't too bad. Halo nails FPSer controls perfectly and the sensitivity can all be ajusted.

I much prefere console gaming.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:56
Regular
Heh.
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:55
Regular
On second thoughts, you may not want to bother. It's probably some £150 Yamaha piece of rubbish or something; and I'd hate to see a good hat go to waste.

As for 'my screen is better then yours', you seem to be forgetting that PC monitors will run games in a much higher resoltion than consoles do, as well as having a higher refersh rate.

Now, you have fun playing Raw.
*stifles a laugh*
Sat 17/05/03 at 17:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Pumpkinist wrote:
> No way, especialy with 3rd person shooters.
>
> The mouse adds so much precision.
>
> You've GOT to be kidding. I'll accept that some people prefer
> keyboard-mouse for FPS, but for third person shooters? I find those
> games are almost unplayable on PC - there's nothing natural about
> it.
>
> Controllers win hands down when it comes to third person.

Hmm. Max Payne on XBox.

Stupid. To say the least. Compared to the PCs mouse driven lighting quick aiming, the analogue was just way way way too slow and harder to put on target. And the PC version (on my PC anyway) looked better. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.