GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3 Confirmed for Xbox + More!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:30
Regular
Taken from E3:

"id Software and Activision confirmed this morning that id Software's DOOM 3 is in fact coming to the Xbox and that the demo of the PC version would be on display at Activision's booth (booth #1224 in the South Hall) beginning May 14th. Built using id Software's new cutting-edge 3D graphics engine, DOOM 3 draws players into a terrifying and riveting 3D gaming. A specific release date for id's horror filled first-person shooter was not disclosed at press time but one can imagine that it will be released when it's done. Look to GameSpy for more information on both versions from the show floor later this week!"

This was announced THIS morning and it will be an Xbox exclusive title. Won't come close to Halo 2 but I am VERY excited about seeing more about this game over the coming months. On top of this new screens of Deus EX 2 have been shown so if Mav is reading this then go to:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1000014899/

(Remove Space)

On top of this Counter Strike is shaping up to be as good as the PC version and for the E3 previews I have read they were VERY impressed with how it has shaped up. Then there are some new Project Gotham Racing 2 screens at:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1001529/

(Remove Space)

Its shaping up to be graphically revolutionary and if the gameplay stays the same as the first then this will be something of Halo 2 proportions (perhaps not that big).

What does everyone think of whats on offer?
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:30
Regular
Taken from E3:

"id Software and Activision confirmed this morning that id Software's DOOM 3 is in fact coming to the Xbox and that the demo of the PC version would be on display at Activision's booth (booth #1224 in the South Hall) beginning May 14th. Built using id Software's new cutting-edge 3D graphics engine, DOOM 3 draws players into a terrifying and riveting 3D gaming. A specific release date for id's horror filled first-person shooter was not disclosed at press time but one can imagine that it will be released when it's done. Look to GameSpy for more information on both versions from the show floor later this week!"

This was announced THIS morning and it will be an Xbox exclusive title. Won't come close to Halo 2 but I am VERY excited about seeing more about this game over the coming months. On top of this new screens of Deus EX 2 have been shown so if Mav is reading this then go to:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1000014899/

(Remove Space)

On top of this Counter Strike is shaping up to be as good as the PC version and for the E3 previews I have read they were VERY impressed with how it has shaped up. Then there are some new Project Gotham Racing 2 screens at:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003 /gallery/xbox/1001529/

(Remove Space)

Its shaping up to be graphically revolutionary and if the gameplay stays the same as the first then this will be something of Halo 2 proportions (perhaps not that big).

What does everyone think of whats on offer?
Tue 13/05/03 at 21:59
Regular
I think Doom 3 will stamp on Halo 2.

Doom has been around for ages, and ID *really* know how to make a FPS.
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:02
Regular
is doom 3 the longest awaited game ever or what?

just what the hell are id playing at?

will those excellent imps be included in the new game? i hope so
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:12
Regular
It will be great to see Doom 3 develop further and to see more screenshots and in game videos. In my opinion nothing will come close to Halo 2 and I can hoenstly say that the game is my most anticipated title ever. The likes of Perfect Dark 2, Deus EX 2, Metroid Prime 2, Operation Flashpoint (Xbox) etc will be great games to look forward to but for me Halo 2 will become my faovurite game of all time and this is 1 year away from its release.
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:15
Regular
perfect dark 2? ooh I forgot about that

*rubs hands*

I must say that game was one of my favourite ever. playing against those damned simulants til 5am. not one game yet has copied that laptop gun idea in multiplayer, which is a shame as it made for hilarious gameplay.

can't wait.

halo 2 will be great obviously. playing cooperative over the net would be excellent
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:17
Regular
Playing CO-OP across the net will be the best thing ever :) Although the most exciting LIVE feature is the ability to go into battle with 15 other Master Chiefs into HUGE battles with computer Bots!
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:18
Regular
i can't wait to see the new vehicles too. apparently there will be several variations on the warthog, with some having rocket launchers on the back.

deathmatch will be high-larious
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:20
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It will be great to see Doom 3 develop further and to see more
> screenshots and in game videos. In my opinion nothing will come close
> to Halo 2 and I can hoenstly say that the game is my most anticipated
> title ever. The likes of Perfect Dark 2, Deus EX 2, Metroid Prime 2,
> Operation Flashpoint (Xbox) etc will be great games to look forward to
> but for me Halo 2 will become my faovurite game of all time and this
> is 1 year away from its release.

Er metroid prime? what are u on about?
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:21
Regular
If your talking about all X-Box games there but i doubt it :o
Tue 13/05/03 at 22:22
Regular
There are 8 variations of the Warthog if my knowledge serves me correctly. Go over to Gamerankings.com and type in Halo 2. Look through all of the screens and you will see Master Chief riding a Ghost (uploaded today from E3) and there looks to be some modifications to it. I can't even begin to talk about how amazing this game is going to be and the day it is released I will be taking a day of College and possibly even longer ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.