GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance *yawns*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Mon 30/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
Got this with my Xbox when I bought it, for some reason I haven't touched it until today.

All I can say is muhhhhhhhhhh.

Maybe I should have played through it before I started on Splinter Cell, that way it wouldn't look so pathetic. I tried to like it but it's just so damn sucky.

So, anyone want to swap it with me?
Mon 07/07/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Unretired"
I've always been a fan of the MGS series since the Psone, And I loved MGS2.
I did not find any bugs, slowdown or anything that would ruin the game. Maybe its because I was not looking for them.

People just dont seem to fully appreciate the complex and thrilling storyline, the game is a masterpiece!

**Spoiler Alert**

**Spoiler Alert**

SPOILER!

Although the storyline is a cliche of plot twists that come together at the end as a mystery solved, I admire how the cinematics and interactive gameplay work together to tell the story.

I was impressed with that sequence near the ending where you are transported to the gameover sequence, yet you are still alive, showing how the computer world is slowly crumbling around you, and you fight off the enemies in the little box in the corner.

This game is worth buying for the storyline and cinematics, heh.. the gameplay is an extra!

SPOILER!

**Spoiler Alert**

**Spoiler Alert**

**Spoiler Alert**
Thu 03/07/03 at 00:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
And I have a cinema that's about 1 year old just down the road.

Exxxcccelent.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
A sad state of affairs indeed.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:36
Regular
Indeed it is. The guy who runs it thinks he is a child minder (or something much worse) and it runs in Pro Logic. Only got one cinema there as well and its full of popcorn as everyone just sits there throwing things at it. Very sad state of affairs :)
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:33
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Heh.

And your cinema doesn't run in Dolby Digital?!?!
IS IT FROM THE STONE AGE?
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:31
Regular
I didn't buy it for games originally. I bought it for DVD's and seeing as the nearest Cinema to me doesn't even run in Dolby Digital I thought I would go for Home Cinema instead :)

No one product justifys the purchase of such an expensive item. But seeing as I have it I want to talk about it because its bloody fantastic.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:29
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I've seen it running. I don't want to play it.
But any extras are welcome, however rubbish they might be. I'd take a crappy skateboarding section over an extra audio experience that wouldn't justify the price (IMO IMO IMO) the actual sound system costs.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:24
Regular
Have you ever played Evolution Skateboarding from Konami? I strongly advise you not to but the point I am making is that the same engine was used to give Snake the 'wanna be' Tony Hawk image and the results are pretty awful.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:22
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Oh and the bit about the extras was for Memorandum because he seemed
> to think that the gameplay was different.

What I was getting at was that there are extra gameplay elements on top of the standard game. Still extras, even if they are crap.
Wed 02/07/03 at 23:19
Regular
Oh God, you've gone and done another reply..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.