GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what's your fav soundtrak on a game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/10/01 at 15:12
Regular
Tell me what's your favourite soundtrack on a game EG. F-ZERO.

Mine is xtreme-g
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I like the conkers bad fur day music
especially when conker asked for the music to be changed in the prehistoric style level,
also the night club music,
the vertex music. its all good.
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:46
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Hmm, suprised no one's mentioned the soundtrack from Grand Theft Auto yet. That rawks!
Thu 04/10/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Hmmmmm.....Shenmue had a quality soundtrack.

Although for sheer laughs and to just sing alont to while racing with a couple of friends, it had to be MSR.

"Don't wait till tomorrow comes, cause I'll be long gone. Pack your bags and get out the door. It's raining outside."

"Oh it's a long long road to nowhere, when you're travelling alone. It's a long and emtpy freeway if you end up on your own"
This is M.C. Momo and leat's get it on tonight.

"Woo.....I was just cruising along in my BMW. When I saw your lights go by, you caught my eye. Why are you alone, all alone. Just talking to someone on the end of the phone. Is there another guy just waiting for you to get home. Ha, girl, I should 'a known........"

"You've got to live your life, for today and not tomorrow. Just live your life, through the pain and through the sorrow. Just live your life, cause when tomorrow comes you'll wish you'd lived your life today."

"She's my fallen angel. She's my shooting star. She's my bla bla bla bla. She's my brand new car!"

Oooooh I've not played it in a while so I'm a bit rusty.

:)
Thu 04/10/01 at 17:11
tryme sounded a little cocky there, if that is the case, maybe he won before or something. Anyway...he made some good points. I do love to sing alont to THPS2 soundtrack..."Lights out, guerilla radio, turn that **** up!" and all. However my favourite is also the Zelda: OoT. I just love Eponia's song..."do, do, dooo, do, do, dooo!" And also any of the songs that teliport you to the respective dungeons. Aww, I'm gonna go put it on soon!
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:48
Regular
"Back For Good"
Wipeout 3 special edition :-)
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It is a mistake regularly done by JATs.
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:19
"I hate that!!!"
why'd u post it twice?
Thu 04/10/01 at 16:16
Regular
tryme wrote:
> " game a day"
Game wanted: Resident Evil for PlayStation 2

What you think sticking that at the top of your writing is gonna get you a GAD?
Thu 04/10/01 at 15:48
" game a day"

My favourite track has to Zelda: Ocarina of time. A strange choice you may think, yet it is so obvious. Zelda doesn't have the musical merit of underground acts appearing on it like Tony Hawk games, especially Tony Hawk 2. Yet Zelda's soundtrack delivers all the notions needed from sound in a video game. It delievers mood and atmospheric environments to the gamer via the soundtrack. It's creator, Shigeru Miyamoto defied the conventional musical attributes most RPG's are expected to deliver. Miyamoto addded an orechesterol background with traditional computer gaming sounds like the familiar " ting tong" when successfully opening a locked door. Just adding the cinematic soundtrack was a huge struggle on the cartridge based N64 which had severe sound limitations, in comparison to the CD based PlayStation.

This movie-style soundtrack was later copied by games like "Final Fantasy" series and more recently " Dark Cloud". Ask anyone who has played it and they will still rememeber the Spansh Guitar in Guerudos Valley. The trumpet of Hyrule Field. The ocraina melodies. Even the distinctive Dungeon music.The realism in the sound also conveys the situation more comprehensively to the player e.g. water splashing in lake Hylia or the drawing of the sword in battle. Overall,all I can say is that it is absolutely class. But then I'm not bias!
Thu 04/10/01 at 15:48
" game a day"

My favourite track has to Zelda: Ocarina of time. A strange choice you may think, yet it is so obvious. Zelda doesn't have the musical merit of underground acts appearing on it like Tony Hawk games, especially Tony Hawk 2. Yet Zelda's soundtrack delivers all the notions needed from sound in a video game. It delievers mood and atmospheric environments to the gamer via the soundtrack. It's creator, Shigeru Miyamoto defied the conventional musical attributes most RPG's are expected to deliver. Miyamoto addded an orechesterol background with traditional computer gaming sounds like the familiar " ting tong" when successfully opening a locked door. Just adding the cinematic soundtrack was a huge struggle on the cartridge based N64 which had severe sound limitations, in comparison to the CD based PlayStation.

This movie-style soundtrack was later copied by games like "Final Fantasy" series and more recently " Dark Cloud". Ask anyone who has played it and they will still rememeber the Spansh Guitar in Guerudos Valley. The trumpet of Hyrule Field. The ocraina melodies. Even the distinctive Dungeon music.The realism in the sound also conveys the situation more comprehensively to the player e.g. water splashing in lake Hylia or the drawing of the sword in battle. Overall,all I can say is that it is absolutely class. But then I'm not bias!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.