GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jak & Daxter"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/10/01 at 12:43
Regular
I was watching Game network this morning and this game was on the Game Clip with music thing and this game looks amazing it looks better then mario 64 and in the clip daxter actually helped Jak instead of sitting on his shoulder becuase Jak was hanging on the edge of a cliff(MGS2 style) and daxter was trying to pull him up

and this has no loading things either like a few of you said it will either be stream loading or have one big load at the beginning this looks better then Crah Bandicoot ever wil do and it comes out on 11/12/01
Page:
Mon 10/12/01 at 16:07
Regular
"¬_¬"
What!!!
4mb for Smackdown!! Shame on you for buying it in the first place.
Mon 10/12/01 at 14:05
Regular
Just deleted the Smackdown file off my Memory card, i aint ever gonna play the game again anyway. Gonna sell it to some idiot at work. Freed up 4MB on my card :D
Mon 10/12/01 at 14:03
Regular
Pro evo takes up about 182KB with its option file, then its another 182KB per replay saved, and its another 182KB per saved game.
Mon 10/12/01 at 14:02
Regular
700k? Not too bad, but still bigger than some. I guess its got to remember a lot of info though hasn`t it. Most platformers reset all details when you return to a specific area, but J and D remembers precisely which power cells / egg thingies / hover fly things you`ve picked up and which you haven`t, meaning it`ll need some space!
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:59
"High polygon count"
bingbong wrote:
> How much space on your memory card does this game take up

Jak & Daxter needs 700k to save. Can't say for Pro Evo cos I don't have it.
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Most beautiful game on any platform this year"

From IGN.com.
Mon 10/12/01 at 12:54
it'S A CLASS GAME
Mon 10/12/01 at 09:28
Regular
Mosher wrote:
> what is jak & daxter

A platform game... kinda. Its basically like Mario 64 in that its more to do with free exploration than simply platform A to platform B jumping. Its main attraction over its competitors (apart from the obvious improvement in looks) is the lack of loading times. You can get from any part of the island to another without a single break for loading. Jak and Daxter are the main characters, with Daxter currently turned into a weasel/rabbit/comedian/monkey/mongoose type of thing.

Also, have you considered altering your tagline... its hardly appropriate.
Mon 10/12/01 at 07:45
what is jak & daxter
Sun 09/12/01 at 19:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Natbuc wrote:
> i suppose u r n64 man? well can i say.......sony ahve always had platformers
> that match that of nintendo...just that jak and daxter is amazing.

I know I am probably the only Nintendo 'person' in this forum, but can any crash bandicoot actualy stand up to mario?

Sony have not always had platformers to match - PS2 has pnly just got a good one, and the N64, a previous generation console, has had many, many absoloutely brilliant platfrom games.

(runs away very quickly) ;-)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.