GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who buys OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
Just wondering
Wed 27/08/03 at 22:53
Regular
£6 is far too much for a magazine.

Specially when it's written by a bunch of drooling monkeys. ONly time I ever buy it is when it has a really good disk on the front, which doesn't happen very often.

I'll be getting the next one for the CDS 2 demo. Shame the mags made of such thick paper, I can't even use it to wipe my ass with it, for fear of paper cuts.
Wed 27/08/03 at 22:28
Regular
Demos won't save a mag that's written by idiots, nor will DVDs. OXM are quite easily the worst official mag - demos or no demos. GamesTM wipe the floor with every other gaming magazine, and they never have any added extras. I won't by a magazine for the free gift or whathaveyou alone.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I buy it every month, I have it on order at my newsagents.

But I do feel that it has went downhill a bit, Otogi was good in last months demo but for a good few months the discs haven't been exactly brilliant. Although next months demo should be good, I think it's going to have KOTOR and Soul Calibur 2 on it. Also, I like the play:more section, some of that stuff's quite cool.

The mag itself is okay though, I quite enjoy reading through it. Maybe it's a little biased, but hey it's the official mag and they're not exactly gonna go around praising other consoles.

XBOX World is the worst for biased opinions, most of the time it feels as though it's written by a bunch of 5 year olds.
Wed 27/08/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Remember me?"
Belldandy wrote:
> At least Microsoft have a magazine which has demos on it...

About time Nintendo pulled their finger out regarding demos, in my opinion.
Wed 27/08/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Doubt they'd answer it.
>
> Bunch of arrogant knobheads.

Considering the latest issue clearly states that videos will be on the Sept 4th issue then they'd have no need to answer it. At least Microsoft have a magazine which has demos on it, as does Sony, the current issue is worth the price alone just for the Otogi and Ghost Recon demo games.
Wed 27/08/03 at 04:08
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I used to buy it in the early days when there wasn't many games available, but I don't bother anymore.
I'm now fully convinced that the Xbox is a great machine, and if I like the sound of a game I tend to just buy it. I'm rarely disappointed.

Star Wars: KOTOR & Otogi - bring.them.on.

And after that - Fable, Halo 2, etc, etc, etc.
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I doubt it. I wrote I wouldn't accept "you can download videos if you subscribe" or any other crappy excuse. I mentioned that OXM isn't great value as it is (£6) and removing one of the discs key functions becomes even worse value.

They better respond- the punks.
Wed 27/08/03 at 00:11
Regular
Doubt they'd answer it.

Bunch of arrogant knobheads.
Tue 26/08/03 at 23:55
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I buy it. I'm dissapointed with the magazine sometimes- I find it a bit dry and uninteresting although I generally agree with the reviews.

I have all the issues so far and all the demos. They are the main reason I buy it, I enjoy trying games I normally wouldn't even consider such as gladius last month. I Emailed OXM a few weeks back about my unhappiness with them removing videos from the disc so hopefully my letter should be there next month. and i'll see what they have to say.
Tue 26/08/03 at 23:38
Regular
I've bought OXM twice, and that's enough to convince me not to spend any more money on that boring, overpriced and biased pile of crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.