GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who buys OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
Just wondering
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:27
Regular
Have you picked up a recent copy of NOM?

Granted, I'm sure many of us could write better, but they do get the information across and are much funnier.
Sat 06/09/03 at 10:51
Regular
'NOM is better written'

R O F L.

OXM and NOM are just as bad as each other.
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:57
Regular
August OPS2 said "geekbox", how funny are they...

*Rolls eyes*
Sat 06/09/03 at 00:11
Regular
Bah.

I never said NOM were "brilliant". GamesTM aren't biased. OXM are worse than NOM; they are biased against rival consoles as well as towards their own, whereas NOM are guilty of just the latter, and the writing is better NOM.
Thu 04/09/03 at 23:23
Regular
There was a Dolby Digital version released on the High Res PC 9 minute demo so I was hoping for something similar on the Xbox as I don't have a 5.1 soundcard for my PC. Cheers anyway guys I will have a check on the magazine to see.
Thu 04/09/03 at 22:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mantis wrote:
> Soul Caliber 2 didn't impress me. I'd played the DC version to death
> and this version seams to have little new to it apart from
> backgrounds and characters. Nightmare didn't have any new moves from
> what I could tell. And the sucky engligh voice overs, well, suck.
> The instant loading times though really impressed.

Argh, I was really hoping they would keep the Japanese voices, they just fit the game much better. Ah well, I still think it'll be a pretty good game anyway.
Thu 04/09/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Dandy is the Halo 2 demo in Dolby Digital? I have the video from
> XBOXWORLD and its in 2 channel stereo or 5 channel pro logic. I am
> looking for a full on Dolby Digital version. Any info would be
> appreciated.

Don't know, to be honest the only sound is things like speech, weapons fire, very little else so it's obviously still a pre release build, I honestly don't think you'll see anything like Digital until the final release. Cold be wrong, but I've no way of telling as my Xbox use my Stereo systems speakers.
Thu 04/09/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I'm talking about Halo 2 video at the end there.
Thu 04/09/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The usual OXM toshy mag again this month- and I laughed at opening it up to find "we're number one!" all over. If you say so... However I really loved the PGR 2 preview and screens. God I can't wait for that game.

The demos pick it up again though- Conflict D Storm 2 is really very good, a big improvment on the last outing, especially the AI.

Soul Caliber 2 didn't impress me. I'd played the DC version to death and this version seams to have little new to it apart from backgrounds and characters. Nightmare didn't have any new moves from what I could tell. And the sucky engligh voice overs, well, suck. The instant loading times though really impressed.

C mccre 4 is great too. Sorry alaisatir I have now idea if the sound is 5.1 but i guess not, but sound seamed glitchy when I was watching it- not insync with the action.
Thu 04/09/03 at 21:53
Regular
Dandy is the Halo 2 demo in Dolby Digital? I have the video from XBOXWORLD and its in 2 channel stereo or 5 channel pro logic. I am looking for a full on Dolby Digital version. Any info would be appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.