GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who buys OXM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
Just wondering
Thu 04/09/03 at 17:47
Regular
NOM is written by spasticated ungraded GCSE students who have no idea of what exactly is a good game.

Its like "OOOOOOOOOO NINTENDO GAME - 9/10"

I suppose OXM are the same....but the demos are worth it
Thu 04/09/03 at 17:46
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Okay, OXM Demos are

Conflict Desert Storm 2
Soul Caliber 2
Colin Mcrae 4
Outlaw Volleyball
Freestyle Metal X
Italian Job

Videos

Halo 2 E3 demo
Judge Dread
Project Gotham 2
Desert Storm 2
Starcraft Ghost
Few more I cannot remember

Also the playmore stuff

All the demos give you a decent play, and the Halo movie is full screen, from the source (not the E3 live version with commentary) and excellent quality. Only thing is it seems to be lacking backing music for the most part but possibly the muisc heard in the e3 live one was being played at the show.

All in all well worth the money, if you are undecided about SC2 this should make your mind up, along with the 9.1 score it got, CDs2 get a good 8.5.
Thu 04/09/03 at 16:38
Regular
NOM is worse, it's like a one up from Pokemon comic...last issue I had (bought it for the free Zelda CD) they were gettign excited because of the stripper bit in Dead To Rights - infantile or what ?
Thu 04/09/03 at 16:19
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> OXM just tries my
> patience with all the stupid, biased, fanboy comments they make.

This from the whelk that defended NOM for weeks and claimed it was 'brilliant'.
Thu 04/09/03 at 15:08
Regular
*doh*

A magazine could be "righting" reviews, erm....yes, and they could "wrong" reviews as well....yes, *runs off*
Thu 04/09/03 at 13:53
"I love yo... lamp."
I never bought OXM before, but I might pick it up then. Sounds good.
Thu 04/09/03 at 13:51
Regular
New OXM out today everyone, and with the demo disc containing Soul Caliber 2 and Conflict Desert Storm 2, the full Halo e3 demo, and videos, and 4 more demos, and the magazine covering tons of new stuff it's well worth buying.

Rainbow Six 3 demo next month !!!

Also, new Xgamer has a Brute Force Prima Strategy Guide with it.
Thu 04/09/03 at 00:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I buy all the XBox mags except for XBM, which I only buy occasionally. Between them all I can usually get a good idea on games I'm looking into, the dvd's are always good to look through and sometimes XBoxGamer adds some excellent gifts such as the game guides which usually sell for around a tenner.
Wed 03/09/03 at 23:12
Regular
More fool you then....
Wed 03/09/03 at 23:09
Regular
Perhaps towards a games. :D

But nothing else.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.